Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important After upgrade to 1.5.4, Hovering, Visited Links broken.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by framebuffer
Hello!

I just upgraded from Kunena 1.5.3 to 1.5.4.

1) After upgrading I have noticed that hovering is not working. It was working fine in 1.5.3. I have tried this with various templates that came with kunena.

I have modified default_ex to suite the site design.

I have modified this many times:
#Kunena a:hover {
color:#791900;
}

but the color changes are not taking effect.

I have done this before with 1.5.3 and everything worked fine.

2) The visited links are also not working

3) Earlier, I was able to set the color of the topics individually. Now they are just being inherited by my joomla template.

The green color, I believe is coming from:

#main-body .mainbody-surround a, a {
color:#658E15;
}

of my joomla template.

I am using the exact same kunena.forum.css file that I was using with 1.5.3 with no modifications. The hovering is not working even with the default_ex template without any modifications.

I have tried this with FF 1.5.2 and Safari 3.1.1 with similar negative results.

See the problem here:
www.kranti.org/connect/forum/listcat.html

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Add the !important attribute to your hover pseudoclass, thus:

#Kunena a:hover {
color:#791900 !important;
}

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by framebuffer
Thanks a lot for the help. I was really loosing sleep over it. ;)

But I still dont understand why we need to do so? It was working fine before...anyways.

Now, I need to figure out how to change the green color of the topics. Like i said in the last post, its inheriting it from the joomla template.

How can I override it?

Thanks.

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Intuitively (I am sure you can check this for yourself) you would use the same approach as I described earlier. Find the a:visited, a:active, a:link CSS pseudoclasses in the kunena.forum.css file and add the !important attribute to whatever colour you want. :)

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds