Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Post Width Unaligned

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by Elmzran
Post Width Unaligned was created by Elmzran
Hello :)

I'm currently using:

Kunena: 1.5.4
Joomla: 1.5.13

And I'm having a problem with the Kunena Forums on my website. The forums themselves work great, but my problem is alignment issues when viewing topics / posts. All of the seperate posts under 1 topic have unaligned widths, and it makes everything look ugly.

I'm using the Default_Ex theme.
Me and my Forum Members have already tried numerous ways to fix this, but nothing has worked. Here's a link to an example post:

www.tastyhamgames.com/thg_main/index.php...=view&catid=5&id=451

Here's a link to the Main Forums:

www.tastyhamgames.com/thg_main/index.php...emid=16&func=listcat

Notice that the widths of the posts are unaligned.
You have some really long ones, and some really short ones.
If anybody could help fix this, I would be very grateful! :)

Also, this isn't needed but it would help make the forums look better: Since the background of my website is a beige color, the spaces between different forum sections has the beige color in it, making the forums look a little sloppy. If somebody could help with the coding so that the spaces between sections would be pushed together... It would help a lot. But again, this isn't as needed as the other issue.

The original CSS file has also remained Unaltered. I did alter it originally, but after nothing worked, I pasted back in the original CSS file for the Default_Ex Theme.

Thanks! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Post Width Unaligned
I think this has been asked before (but I couldn't find the answer for you):

Edit the file ../components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/kunena.forum/css and add the line shown in red below:

#Kunena td.fb-msgview-right {
border-left:1px solid #BFC3C6;
border-right:1px solid #BFC3C6;
padding:5px 10px;
vertical-align:top;
width:100%;
}

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by Elmzran
Replied by Elmzran on topic Re:Post Width Unaligned
Thanks, that fixed it! :)
Could anyone else also help with this issue:

...The background of my website is a beige color, the spaces between different forum sections has the beige color in it, making the forums look a little sloppy. If somebody could help with the coding so that the spaces between sections would be pushed together... It would help a lot...

The forums here look fine since the site template background is white, but at my site the background is beige, so the spaces between sections are also beige.

www.tastyhamgames.com/thg_main/index.php...emid=16&func=listcat

Notice the beige spaces between forum sections. If anybody could supply some code to fill those in, or move the sections together, it would help a lot.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
The "beige background" matter isn't a simple one to solve. The background is constructed using images located in your site's ../templates/aha_terraj15/images folder (for example, ltop_border.png and rbottom_border.png ... and probably others). You need to use an image editing program to change the beige to white in those images and, remember, the changes you make will affect every page on your website.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by Elmzran
Replied by Elmzran on topic Re:Post Width Unaligned
Hmm... I don't mind the horizontal spacing, but the vertical spacing between, let's say the Categories / User Section and the Posting a New Message section. I'm not sure which spacing you were referring to - the Horizontal or Vertical one.

More
14 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Post Width Unaligned
It's all related to the same thing. Irrespective of how the page elements are horizontally or vertically positioned, the background is beige that beige colour ... and therein lies your problem.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds