Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Text way off screen

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by journeyoftheanimals
Hello all. Lets get the tech info out of the way first and then I have what I hope is a very simple question for you.

Joomla version :1.5.11
Kunena version: 1.5.0a

Simply put, a lot of my posts seem to have no type of line breaks and end up way wider then the forums are. This seems to only show up in IE, well perhaps other programs too since I have only tried IE and firefox but everything looks fine in firefox. Anyone have any input on this or need any further information. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Text way off screen
K 1.5.0a was never meant to be used in live production; it was (and is) not supported. Upgrade to K 1.5.4. B) The discussion Forum too wide in IE8 may also be relevant.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Text way off screen
Please update Joomla to 1.5.14 and Kunena to 1.5.4. Kunena 1.5.0a is a very early alpha version.

Enter this code at the end of the kunena.forum.css of your template:

Code:
/* Fix for Internet Explorer 6*/ #Kunena *html div.msgtext, #Kunena div.msgsignature { width:520px; overflow:hidden!important; word-wrap: break-word; } /*Fix for Internet Explorer 8*/ #Kunena div.msgtext, #Kunena div.msgsignature { width:/*\**/520px\9; overflow:/*\**/hidden!important\9; word-wrap:/*\**/break-word\9; }

You can fit the value 520px.

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by journeyoftheanimals
Lintzy wrote:

Please update Joomla to 1.5.14 and Kunena to 1.5.4. Kunena 1.5.0a is a very early alpha version.

Enter this code at the end of the kunena.forum.css of your template:

Code:
/* Fix for Internet Explorer 6*/ #Kunena *html div.msgtext, #Kunena div.msgsignature { width:520px; overflow:hidden!important; word-wrap: break-word; } /*Fix for Internet Explorer 8*/ #Kunena div.msgtext, #Kunena div.msgsignature { width:/*\**/520px\9; overflow:/*\**/hidden!important\9; word-wrap:/*\**/break-word\9; }

You can fit the value 520px.

OK I added that to the css but did not seem to fix it.

Sorry everyone I did not know my software was so out of date. I upgraded both Joomla and Kunena. Hoped that might help too but it did nothing.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by Lintzy
Could you please give me a link to your forum, with the code above inserted, where this does not work? So I can look, what's the reaseon for the issue?

More
14 years 8 months ago #6 by journeyoftheanimals
Lintzy wrote:

Could you please give me a link to your forum, with the code above inserted, where this does not work? So I can look, what's the reaseon for the issue?

Sorry, thought I included one. Here is a link directly to one of the messed up pages.

messed up page

More
14 years 8 months ago #7 by Lintzy
You must insert the code above into kunena.forum.css of the template, that you are using. You have switched to default_green.

components/com_kunena/template/default_green <- kunena.forum.css

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds