Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Looks like New template default_ex_black was HACKED

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by prilly
There's only one file in the download. Somebody else said it triggered their antivirus software. When I saw that the proper files weren't in the .RAR file, I deleted everything. I didn't extract it.

Somebody needs to check that out, I think...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you, prilly. I think this message would have been better placed in the discussion topic about that template.

For others reading this message, the default_ex_black template, as with any user-submitted template for use with Kunena, is not endorsed by www.kunena.com . All user-submitted templates are on a use-at-your-own-risk basis. The default_ex_black template was offered for download in this discussion topic: New template default_ex_black .

I can also confirm that the .RAR archive was found by AVG antivirus to contain infected files (HTML/Framer).
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by prilly
I don't see a discussion topic for that template on that link, or anywhere. I did post this in the Templates forum, which seemed the right place to do it.

I hope the template file will be available again soon. It looks like a nice layout. They all do. I'm very impressed with the third party templates. Very beautiful. Thank you to the designers.

I would like to see one of the designer templates become the default template set because I've had problems with the ones that are bundled with the Kunena package. Things tend to skitter around and overlap and aren't quite right. I think the template sets offered by kenlapz.ORG would make a good generic set. His formatting locks all the pieces where they're supposed to be, nice and neat.

Lintzy's templates are stunning. They don't match my site at all :S but they're really beautiful.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
prilly wrote:

I would like to see one of the designer templates become the default template set because I've had problems with the ones that are bundled with the Kunena package. Things tend to skitter around and overlap and aren't quite right.

There is only one template that is currently supported by the developers: the default_ex template.

The other templates (default, default_gray, default_green and default_red) were developed for older versions of Kunena and Fireboard. They are defective and have not kept pace with the rapid development of Kunena. You are strongly advised against using any of these old templates. Use templates that have been tested to work K 1.5.4. B)

prilly wrote:

I don't see a discussion topic for that template on that link, or anywhere. I did post this in the Templates forum, which seemed the right place to do it.

Thank you for pointing out the error I made earlier. I have now corrected the information in my previous posting.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by prilly
Thank you for the info about the templates. I'll take another look at default_ex, then.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #6 by Lintzy
Thank you so much, prilly :)

Edit: A new template default_ex_black template was uploaded in the meantime, without any warnmessages from antivirus software -> Forum Usercontributions.

Thread closed.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Lintzy.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds