Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Where to change color theme?

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by unundindur
Hi. I am entirely new to Kunena and it seems to work fine except that I cannot find out where to change the color theme away from blue.

I want a black/white/orange look to suplement the rest at www.blcu.info

Thanks for the help :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day unundindur and welcome to the forum. The current version of Kunena (1.5.4) ships with several templates; these are controlled by two settings in your Kunena Control Panel : Go to Components » Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Frontend
  • Template = default_ex
  • Image Sets = default_ex
These two settings give the "blue theme" to your forum.

Do not use the other template choices that are offered with Kunena's standard installation kit. They do not work and they will create problems for you.

If you are familiar with CSS, you can customise your own colours by editing the file ../components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/kunena.forum.css

You can also browse Templates and Design to find users' templates. Some of these may be better suited to your needs. Make sure that any template you choose states that it is compatible with Kunena 1.5.4; if it does not state that it is compatible, do not use it.

I hope this information helps. :)
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by unundindur
Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

Lets see if I got this right:

1. I can A. modify the CSS if I knew how to do that or B. find a premade template.

Where do I upload new templates? I see there are 4 templates to chose from in the menu, but I cannot find a place to import new ones.

2. You said "Do not use the other choices that are offered with Kunena's standard installation kit. They do not work and they will create problems for you."

Do you mean that I should not use the rest of the control panel? I have already made a ton of settings and the forum is already working...

Thanks a ton, apart from this it seems to work great out of the box!

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
unundindur wrote:

You said "Do not use the other choices that are offered with Kunena's standard installation kit. They do not work and they will create problems for you."

I'm sorry. I didn't intend for you to take me literally. I meant "do not use the other template choices". I have now amended my earlier statement to avoid the confusion.

You can create new locations for your templates (modelled on the contents of default_ex) by creating a file structure:

../components
|
/com_kunena
|
/template
|
/<your own template>

This is also where you could upload new templates into. You can then choose these templates from the Kunena Configuration settings as I described earlier.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #5 by unundindur
Great. I take everything litterally when its related to programming/css/computer programs ;)

Anyhow, if you are somehow related to the project as such, I would suggest having an "import template" button in the control panel. It would just be a lot easier for beginners (and a lot of color variants for the default template, since that is what people likely need).

Thanks for the help. I will try to scout for a light orange-black-white template :)

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #6 by Lintzy
In our Kunena documentation/wiki , especially in FAQ , you will find a step by step tutorial about how to change colours of a template:

docs.kunena.com/index.php/Changing_Templates_-_the_Basics
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Lintzy.

Time to create page: 0.754 seconds