Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Weird Spacing Problem

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by Pocketss
Hello,

I downloaded and installed the 'default_ex_black' template. When 'Categories' tab is active, there is a block of empty space between the profile box and the actual forums.

It's on the live site for the moment, if you want to take a look at it.

You can use the username and password below or register yourself, whichever you prefer.
Username: test
Password: test

I have tried to play around with firebug and see if it's a particular option that is doing that or what, but I can't make heads or tails about it.

Pocketss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Weird Spacing Problem
It's difficult to see what problems you have (at offline.horribleoffline.com/ ) because
  1. You do not have any forum categories; and
  2. (obviously) you have no forum messages
. Why did you delete the original categories and test messages?

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #3 by Pocketss
Replied by Pocketss on topic Re:Weird Spacing Problem
Sozzled, i did delete the original category and message. Let me make a post test post in all the forums.

Edit: Okay I made post in the initial forums.

Once you click on 'Forums' from the main menu on the site, click on 'Categories' tab. You should see the problem.

Then you should scroll down, and you will see the forums.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Pocketss.

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
This is the problem that I see

The fix for it will come, soon enough.
Attachments:

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
The problem is caused by your shout-box on that page. Its CSS conflicts with Kunena. I don't have a fix for it, yet.

EDIT: These changes to your Joomla template CSS will illustrate how to work around the problem on your forum

#left_out {
float:left;
margin:0;
padding:0;
position:absolute;
width:188px;
}

But this causes other problems with the rest of your site (e.g. your home page) - anywhere else that you use the shoutbox.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by Pocketss
Replied by Pocketss on topic Re:Weird Spacing Problem
I am going to start from scratch and see where i end up. Thank you for your help again sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds