Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Working with transparency...

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by edmaddicts
I am trying to get this forum to work with my current theme which revolves heavily on transparency. Is there any way to get the backgrounds of the text part of the forums transparent or do something that will allow me to make this work?

www.edmaddicts.net

www.edmaddicts.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=102

Any suggestions welcome...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by Lintzy
I don't know, what you will get transparency: all, only messagetext or special parts of forum?

So I can't point you the CSS classes, divs or tags , that have to be changed. But I can point you a way, to figure it out by yourself.

Work with Firefox and install the extensions Colorzilla and Firebug.

www.colorzilla.com/firefox/

getfirebug.com/

With these two tools you find the existing color (colorzilla) and the CSS tags, that have to be changed.

You must change (e.g.)

background:#FFFFFF;

to

background:transparent;

Unfortunately, if you want to get all transparent, you have to change a lot of background settings. The template has a lot of unnecessary double and triple settings.

Hope this could help, if not, feel free to ask again.

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by edmaddicts
Thanks lintzy.

I have been looking through it and there is a lot to go through, your right. I'll have to take it slow but you did answer my general question on how to make something transparent.

Thanks!

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by John
Remember that every update you will probably have to do it all again. Save a copy somewhere so you know what you changed.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #5 by Lintzy
Hi John,

this are changes only in CSS. Next Kunena Release he can use his modified CSS again and it will work fine.

As long as the template structure remains the same. Of course it can happen, that with a new release of Kunena the CSS file got a few little fixes, but this you can see in the readme.txt Compare old with new CSS (with Winmerge for example) and decide if you need these fixes.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Lintzy.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by John
Thanx for the extra info. Comparing tool may come in handy!

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds