Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [External - solved] CSS Conflicts Galore!

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #1 by JBHawaii
Seeking help to straighten out my forums... my joomla template is on hell of a CSS Nightmare. It completely conflicts with kunena's default_ex template.

CSS Experts here is a challenge I'm sure will give you a run for your money.

Website details:

www.jbhawaii808.com
Username: Kunena
password: Kunena

Any help to resolve this nightmare is welcome. I've spent several hours trying to figure this one out, with no kind of luck.

I bought the joomla template from template plazza and it's perfect for what I want to do, however it's not pretty right now.

Thanks in advance!

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Spock. Reason: Issue has been resolved
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re:CSS Conflicts Galore!
Hi JB,

when I try to look in your forum

403 - You are not authorised to view this resource.

Regards
More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by JBHawaii
Replied by JBHawaii on topic Re:CSS Conflicts Galore!
ok, sorry I forgot I had menu item set to special... please try again.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by Spock
Replied by Spock on topic Re:CSS Conflicts Galore!
JBHawaii wrote:

Seeking help to straighten out my forums... my joomla template is on hell of a CSS Nightmare. It completely conflicts with kunena's default_ex template.

CSS Experts here is a challenge I'm sure will give you a run for your money.

Any help to resolve this nightmare is welcome. I've spent several hours trying to figure this one out, with no kind of luck.

JBHawaii,
I had a look just now (Using FF3) and it all looks fine exept the fact that it does not match backgrounds/fonts/graphics. How do you mean conflicts? Is it that it just doesn't match your Joomla! template or are there any alignment and display problems in a particular browsers? Please be as specific as possible and I should be able to help
Regards
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:CSS Conflicts Galore!
I think I see the issues. Most of the template elements have white backgrounds - not a conflict per se but the Kunena implementation detracts from the rest of the site's "assets". For example, if you look at the profile, most of the backgrounds and fonts match the site's [dark] theme. I think the question here is, how to change the Kunena font colours and element backgrounds to match the site theme.

I think the question is "how can I match Kunena to my Joomla template" not, "how can I match Joomla to the Kunena default_ex template"? At least, I hope that's the question. :laugh: The answer, obviously, is to systematically work through the Kunena CSS stylesheet.

There are many ways of realising this solution. One of the easiest ways is to use Firebug. (As a recent convert to Firefox I was very impressed with how easily Firebug identifies and allows you to change, on-the-fly, CSS.) Obviously, Firebug doesn't change your site's CSS stylesheet in situ but it does allow you the opportunity to experiment and shows you which files are involved. It should help transform your CSS nightmare into a bit more of a dream.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Re:CSS Conflicts Galore!
css.gzip.php
Code:
#tpbody .tpmaincontent .tpouter.cc, #tpbody .tpmaincontent .tpouter.aa { background:#FFFFFF none repeat scroll 0 0; }
background from transparent to withe?
Attachments:
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #7 by JBHawaii
actually the problem is the alignment of the tables...

as far as the template matching the theme, I'm not concerned about that because I will design one.

I just want to know if this below is normal... the left side seems unjustified as compared to the right side.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by JBHawaii.
More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:CSS Conflicts Galore!
Ahh ... I see the problem now. I needed to use a magnifying glass! :D.

Yes, the left-alignment of the elements is a little ragged. If the truth is known, they're probably ragged on every website where people use the default_ex template; however, because most sites (I suspect this is the case) use a white background, the "raggedness" wouldn't be apparent. I should also add that <div> and <table> container heights and widths are handled differently by Internet Explorer compared with other browsers ... but you probably knew that already. ;)

The issue is probably addressed by looking at the margin-left or indent CSS attributes of the elements. That's just a guess. Good luck, mate. :)
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
14 years 9 months ago #9 by Spock
Replied by Spock on topic Re:CSS Conflicts Galore!
Ahh ok, I see what you mean. This is a conflict is definitely with the Template plazza template and Kunena CSS.

Go to YOURSITEURL/templates/showcase_plazza/css/gridrender.php
change the following attribute

border-collapse: collapse;

to

border-collapse: inherit;

See how that works?
More
14 years 9 months ago #10 by JBHawaii
can't find that... I might have to dump this template. I think it's to much of a hassle. :(

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds