Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question IE8 Topic Width Bug

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #1 by Djie
IE8 Topic Width Bug was created by Djie
In al the version of Kunena, including this new one I am experiencing problems with the width of the topic messages which have picture included.

It automatically pushes the topic width out of the borders. The message and part of the user details are not readable anymore. For example: www.kunena.com/forum/50-german-solved-is...geloest-bug-ie8#9650

And an image for viewers who not use IE8:

Any solutions?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Djie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #2 by bytebandit01

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by Djie
Replied by Djie on topic Re: IE8 Topic Width Bug
This changes only the width of the forum when there are no images shown in the topic. If there are images shown it still expands so the profiles are unreadable. I don't have any problems with the topic/forum width if there aren't any images.

The problem only occurs (even on this forum!!!) when there are images involved, even small images!

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by elchavaldejoomilla
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon.

Meanwhile you can tell your IE 8 users to activate the "compatiblity mode" feature in their browsers.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by Spock
Replied by Spock on topic Re:IE8 Topic Width Bug
Yes, I have pointed this bug out to the Development Team, they will look into it and hopefully the bug will be resolved soon.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Off-topic: I posted the following tongue-in-cheek item at one of my websites a couple of days ago after I'd recently upgraded to IE 8 and seen the damage that it had done to my web-browsing enjoyment:

After upgrading to Microslack's Inkynet Exploder 8, I had a look at [my website] and ... what a mess!! IE8 has this "thing" called compatibility view which is "explained" as

... websites designed for older browsers will often look better, and problems such as out-out-place menus, images, or text will be corrected.

Well, unsurprisingly, IE 8 has made a shambles of the efforts that I've made to organise the menus, images and text on this website so that they have an aesthetic look about them and they work in a consistent manner from page to page. No-o-o-o-o ... IE8 has decided that my efforts are a bothersome nuisance and wants to redo everything à la Microslack! Excuse me! My websites don't have problems that need to be "corrected" as the guys from Redmond, Washington seem to think. Unngghh!!!:angry:

This may be the last straw for me as far as Microsoft is concerned and it might push me onto the Mozilla Thunderbird bandwagon which, from all reports, is pretty darn good.

For the rest of you who are browsing this site's pages with IE8 and you're wondering why things occasionally look odd, use the "compatibility view" feature.

Cheers ;)

As it turned out, it was the last straw as far as my use of Internet Explorer is concerned and I have now switched to Mozilla Firefox which is signficantly improved to the Version 1 product I tried out years ago. Unfortunately, we still have to design/develop for IE because it has 90% of the market share in this country. However, as more people come to realise what a leviathan IE 8 has turned into (and how irrelevant it is to the way that internet standards have evolved) I believe more people will abandon Microsoft and choose open source products as their preferred strategy ... and because (in my opinion) they're superior products anyway! B)
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds