Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Table-less templates?

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by dudemanthing
Are there any templates for Kunena that don't use HTML tables?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #2 by Spock
Replied by Spock on topic Re: Table-less templates?
As of now there is not. Most Joomla components are structured by html tables in some way or other. I wonder if there is a particular need or demand for a tableless Kunena template? If so I will point out to Devs (whom i think were considering having a "lite" template, mobile friendly, but they've been very busy getting Kunena to a native release) or maybe somenone might look into providing a lite Kunena template.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Spock.

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Table-less templates?
With the right use of tables, they are accessible too:

www.usability.com.au/resources/tables.cfm

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by Spock
Replied by Spock on topic Re:Table-less templates?
I agree too. Designing with tables is intuitive and effective. Sometimes using divs just for the sake of a tableless design can creating more trouble for yourself than is necessary (although both have different advantages/disadvantages)

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by Krycek
Replied by Krycek on topic Re:Table-less templates?
Tableless is not the perfection... tabless is dedicated to design. A forum is not about design but about listing informations. ;)

Somehow, a forum is only a list of topics or messages. A table design for a forum is thus the best way, semantically speaking, to display those information.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by gjr
Replied by gjr on topic Re:Table-less templates?
Me is also pro tableless!

I am using div rewrites for my complete joomla website.

Unfortunately many modules and components are still with tables.

Doesn't a tableless design improve SEO?

More
14 years 8 months ago #7 by svanschu
Replied by svanschu on topic Re:Table-less templates?
Tableless design only improve SEO when you had use tables for main desgin....

If your forum component use tables or not is not really important for SEO..there is more important that your URL at Forum dont go deeper than 3 instances which we had done since kunena 1.5.2 ;)

So if your forum use tables or not is not important..its a listing of information and i think nobody will make a div template till we get ready with the change of the template system.....

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds