Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question li spacing

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by N6REJ
li spacing was created by N6REJ
Can anyone tell me why LI has so much space under it? Its almost like a <br /> was inserted after.

sure enough there is.

hmmm only one image per post? missing image link
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by N6REJ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: li spacing
Hello,

With Kunena 1.6 you can attach at your message more than one image/file.

If i can access at the concerned page on your website, i can take a look.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #3 by N6REJ
Replied by N6REJ on topic Re: li spacing
I accidently figured it out, apparently its a bug ? in the
  • parser. If you put just

• bob
  • mary
  • john
  • you will get a <br /> between each line unless u have the ul before and after. Seem's strange that you would have the option to do singleton li's and yet have it do that but..
  • bob
  • mary
  • john
  • Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by N6REJ.

More
    13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
    Replied by sozzled on topic Re: li spacing
    The spacing between items in a list <li> may be dependent on your Kunena template or on the version of Kunena that you are using (or maybe it's a browser thing) - I'm not sure. The only thing that I can be sure about is that if I use your example above,
    Code:
    [li]Cats_Bear[/li] [li]BareBear[/li] [li]BareLeeAble[/li] [li]SmexyBear[/li] [li]SirAtair[/li]
    this is how it renders on this site:
  • Cats_Bear
  • BareBear
  • BareLeeAble
  • SmexyBear
  • SirAtair
  • However, if you "wrap" the list elements within unordered list tags (like it should be done), viz.
    Code:
    [ul][li]Cats_Bear[/li] [li]BareBear[/li] [li]BareLeeAble[/li] [li]SmexyBear[/li] [li]SirAtair[/li][/ul]
    the rendering is different and there are no <br /> breaks between the <li> elements:
    • Cats_Bear
    • BareBear
    • BareLeeAble
    • SmexyBear
    • SirAtair
    Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: N6REJ

More
    13 years 3 months ago #5 by N6REJ
    Replied by N6REJ on topic Re: li spacing
    sozzled, yes, I discovered that and agree that it "should" be. However, and I'm 99% sure I"m not the only one, it doesn't seem that way when u look @ the icons. What I mean is there is nothing to guide the non bbcode knowledgeable user into using it properly. We are so inundated with WYSIWYG these days thats its actually counter intuitive. Perhaps a check needs to be put in the parser to see if a ul or ol is there and if not don't then parse it some other way?
    one thing I would like to enourage is the use of the insert bar. Especially in uses such as this... I do wish that it would void the field after each new entry, but ...
    so when they hit li it would bring up the bar and allow them to type the text and the insert it and be ready for more. Anyway... I'm glad we figured it out. I"m sure I'm goign to run into lots of this from my members.

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds