Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Full Width Forum for JA_Edenite template

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by dumbmage
Hi, I'm trying to interegate Kunena into my website but want it to use the full width of my website, however I tried to deselect Kunena from my Menus and but the column will not go away.

The problem is that I need to the column to be removed for forum but not for other parts of the site.

here's a screen shot.

thanks!

I tried to follow the guide on the wiki page but I didn't understand the tutorial.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by dumbmage
Replied by dumbmage on topic Re: Full Width Forum

File Attachment:

File Name: index.txt
File Size:12 KB
I have attached my template.

I am using 1.5.11 kunena
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by dumbmage.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Full Width Forum
Hello,

why you don't understand in the doc : docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_I_can_get_..._Forum_in_my_site%3F ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #4 by Moonstone
Replied by Moonstone on topic Re: Full Width Forum
If you've deselected Kunena in all your left modules and you're still showing an empty column, the only thing I can think of is that it's possibly a problem with your template?

For example, I've had issues with Siteground templates doing exactly what you're describing. They embed their logo into the bottom left column which prevents completely collapsing it. So, if you try to make your forum full width, you still end up with this empty column on the left.

No offense to Siteground. They create some beautiful templates. But that issue is quite annoying. >.<
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Moonstone.

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Full Width Forum
dumbmage: The screenshot you showed does not look like the standard Kunena default_ex template. So, whose template is it? Maybe the designer of your Kunena template did not factor-in a full-width display for your particular Joomla site template? :dry:

And, while we're on the subject of Joomla site templates that don't support full-width displays when you try to use Kunena, Siteground templates are notorious for causing these kinds of problems.

We might be able to help but I think we're going to need access to your website to see what's causing the problem. Could you arrange access for us, please? :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by dumbmage
Hi,

Thanks for the very quick replies guys!!

I tried to reinstall the compononet to get the default template back... but it seemed like it didn't work and I think I have to tweak some things in my Joomla Template (according to the FAQ)

I have pm'd you my site details.

Thanks!

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Full Width Forum
Thanks, mate. I'm sorry. I know what the cause of the problem is, but I don't know how to fix it for you.

The cause of the problem lies in your JA_Edenite site template. The template allows a width of 80% for the component display (floated right) which means that 20% is assigned to any modules you've used on the left. Whether or not you've assigned modules on the left, your template still only allows 80% usable space for Kunena. In effect, the left module area is not collapsible.

I don't know how to fix this. Perhaps someone else, with more skill than I have, knows how to tweak the JA_Edenite template. You could also try unassigning any/all modules that you display on the Kunena page (or assign a different site template, like JA_Purity, for example, to the Kunena page).

My best suggestion, and perhaps the easiest to implement, is to try a different site template that supports collapsible module positions (like JA_Purity). It's simple and effective and will save you a lot of time.

By the way, you had enabled the System-Legacy plugin. I disabled it for you (your site is now running in native J 1.5 mode). I did not see any compatibility problems with any Joomla extensions that you are currently running. This was the only change that I made.

Sorry, but I couldn't help you better. Cheers. :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #8 by dumbmage
Hi sozzled,

Thanks very much for checking it out, hopefully I can find a solution for this! Thanks for helping tho!

dumbmage

More
13 years 11 months ago #9 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Full Width Forum
If required i can sort this, but can not say exactly when i will get to this as im working alot of hours at work lately.

More
13 years 11 months ago #10 by dumbmage
@Cerberus,

I already will owe you a lot if you help me fix this issue, so just whenever you are able to help out, let me know!

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds