Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Recent posts above the categories?

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by zilveer
Hi everyone,
I would like to show the recent posts above the categories in Kunena.
For now thee is a page called Recent Discussions, but that page only shows the "recent threads", but I would like to show the recent posts in the categories section on the top of the page.

I know that Tegel Pro template, tegelpro.templatekunena.com/ has this feature. And it is avilable to buy but there doesnt seem to be any support since I have read the support posts on their site. The developers over there doesnt seem to care about there customers.

Anyone who can give me a hint or knows how to do this?

Best regards
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by zilveer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
I am guessing that the "recent posts" content (on the demonstration page you referred to in your message) is generated by a Joomla module, not by the Kunena component itself. As I say, that's just a guess. If I am right, it should be possible to have a module that displays this content in a similar style to your Kunena template and position it at the top of your page. What you therefore need is this module.

If you search these forums for latest posts you will find a lot that has been written about this subject. If you also search for module positions in the Wiki, you will learn how to place that module where you want it. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by zilveer
HI thanks for your reply..
No it is not a module.. because the recent posts is shown below the kunena login panel ..
if it where a module then it would be visible above the kunena login panel.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4 by zilveer
Please anyone who can help me?

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
I have already provided you with an answer: use the "latest posts" module and position it to display in a module position above your Kunena forum. It may not be a perfect solution, but it's one solution.

The alternative is to hack the code (which is probably what was done with the module that you saw elsewhere).

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #6 by zilveer
Thanks for the reply.. But I already have your solution.
Thanks anyway

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds