Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) Template Display Problems

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Nikson
Hey guys, I have another problem, after fixing the Kunena forum template layout display problems, I still noticed that IE6 still has problems in displaying the site correctly.
The pages appear below and not together with the template. But in all other browsers, the site is displayed just fine.
Would someone please help? I will totally appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Yes, this is an ongoing problem that will never be completely fixed! Have a read of this news article: www.betanews.com/joewilcox/article/Let-t...tch-begin/1267468004 . Even Google is abandoning support for IE6 ... and if the big guys like Google can't fix all those IE6 problems how do you expect people like us to handle them?

IE6 came out in August 2001. I realise this won't be advice you would like to hear but, seriously, isn't it time that you and your users consider moving ahead with a better web browser?
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by LittleJohn
Kunena itself will support a common webstandard from the W3 organisation; XHTML 1.0.

It will then be up to the browser to interpret this standard and render the site correctly.

We are not the only ones who is beyond the discussion of support for certain webbrowsers.
The majority of the internet have focus on common standards, just as Sozzled said.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Admata
This plugin solved my IE6 problems:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a...a-web-standards/8337

Specially I like "IE6 sucks" mode ;)

Time to create page: 0.850 seconds