Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question changing some fonts size in kunena template

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by vollach
Hi,

I'm using Kunena 1.5.9 (that's the newest one I think) in Hebrew RTL (took hebrew translation for 1.5.6 and added the new entries to it, translated of course), template is default_ex_RTL (an RTL edited version of default_ex).

My website and forums should be readable by elderly people which as you may know, tend to have eyes problem at late age.

That said, the font need to be medium or bigger, when I post a message on my kunena board with the normal font size it comes up extremely small, the same size also appear to show in the rules page.

What I need to know is what in my CSS do I need to change to make the default "Normal" font size bigger?

I'll appreciate your help, the guys at the Israeli website (kunena.co.il) didn't help me.

Here's the content of my template's CSS file (hidden with spoiler tag).

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for the clear informative request you have made. You may find information that will help you if you read Before you ask for help with template issues ... .
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by vollach
sozzled wrote:

Thank you for the clear informative request you have made. You may find information that will help you if you read Before you ask for help with template issues ... .

I did take a look at that but it unfortunately do not mention anything specific regarding the font sizes.

All I need to know is which section of the CSS file I posted under the spoiler tags contain the font size I wish to change, I was hoping someone can tell me that so I won't have to change things by trial and error.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
vollach wrote:

All I need to know is which section of the CSS file I posted under the spoiler tags contain the font size I wish to change, I was hoping someone can tell me that so I won't have to change things by trial and error.

There isn't just "one section": the reason that no-one has yet provided you with specifics is because there are several places in the CSS where font sizes are defined. If you search your CSS file you will find them.

In your case, the problem is complicated because I don't know anything about Hewbrew RTL and I'm likely to cause more problems than I might solve. I may know one or two things about CSS but I don't read the "language" as fluently as my web browser does; therefore, posting a few hundred lines of CSS is like asking me to read Hebrew. Do you understand my meaning?

Trial and error is good! ;) Make one change and test it. If you're happy with the result, leave the change in place otherwise go back to the earlier version. Then make your next change and observe the results. In this way you can make a start now, you will acquire a new skill and you will enable you to customise your site to your exact requirements. Use Firebug for Firefox to make your job simpler. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by vollach
sozzled wrote:

vollach wrote:

There isn't just "one section": the reason that no-one has yet provided you with specifics is because there are several places in the CSS where font sizes are defined. If you search your CSS file you will find them.

In your case, the problem is complicated because I don't know anything about Hewbrew RTL and I'm likely to cause more problems than I might solve. I may know one or two things about CSS but I don't read the "language" as fluently as my web browser does; therefore, posting a few hundred lines of CSS is like asking me to read Hebrew. Do you understand my meaning?

Trial and error is good! ;) Make one change and test it. If you're happy with the result, leave the change in place otherwise go back to the earlier version. Then make your next change and observe the results. In this way you can make a start now, you will acquire a new skill and you will enable you to customise your site to your exact requirements. Use Firebug for Firefox to make your job simpler. :)

OK, I understand what you're saying, guess I don't really have a choice, going to take some time to do it by trial and error.

Thanks anyway.

More
14 years 1 week ago #6 by crisscross
Ok, good answer "change a lot of files". If someone has a correct answer please enlighten us!

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #7 by Cerberus
crisscross wrote:

Ok, good answer "change a lot of files". If someone has a correct answer please enlighten us!

not sure i should give you the answer or any help with attitude like that but sadly im to nice not to try looking at this secton in teh CSS file

#Kunena div.msgtext .code {
border-left: 5px solid #F4A94F;
border-right: 1px solid #CCC;
border-top: 1px solid #CCC;
border-bottom: 1px solid #CCC;
font-family: "Courier News", monospace;
font-size-adjust: none;
font-stretch: normal;
font-style: normal;
font-variant: normal;
font-weight: normal;
line-height: 1.5;
margin: 5px 0pt 15px;
padding: 10px 15px;
width: 100%;
overflow:auto;
}

change the RED text.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Cerberus.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds