Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Joomla 1.6 - does K 1.5 run on that?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #1 by LN888
I have been researching and researching and resear.... etc. and I just CANNOT figure out a few things...

I am a Joomla 1.6 user.
NEVER been with J!1.5

I have a forum that was stand-alone (smf) that was now up to smf2 RC5...

I wanted it to get incorporated into my soon-to-be-very-robust community website J!1.6 based and learned that there isn't even a bridge.

Learned about Kunena and it being an actual integrated component of J! and researched the hell out of it. Then I decided I wanted to migrate.

PROBLEMS.......

of ALL the migration attempts that I find, it ALL pertains to J!1.5
I had already gone forward and converted my pretty SMF to a clunky-theme phpBB3 just because I found that it is a bit more compatible (conversion-wise) to Kunena, let alone it being possible to be at least "bridged" with J!1.6

I have been finding that there is a bit of a compatibility issue with K1.6 with J!1.6 ... yet I cannot find out really what in detail. So....

I would like simple answers to a couple of simple questions, and no one seems to understand nor approach the subjects...

IS K 1.5 compatible with J!1.6 and would that be a better route to take than using K 1.6?
BUT..... I will ONLY even CONSIDER Kunena IF I can migrate/import my phpbb3 into it.

I know ALL about the phpbb3->FB->K but....... and this is a BIG BUT... it all just pertains to J!1.5 !!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :( :( :( :S

What are my options (and please... DON'T tell me to go to J!1.5... I REFUSE to go backwards, and I am developing a lot of stuff in HTML5 on the mobile WARP framework.)

Just tell me if I have to "bridge" for now if that is what I have to do. THEN I will spend some time and make my forum pretty again (after the migrate from SMF)

Please answer
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, LN888, and welcome to Kunena.

K 1.5 is a native Joomla 1.5 extension . I am not aware of a reliable migratory route from SMF or phpBB3 that, at this time, does not involve using K 1.5 or Fireboard. Sorry.

Maybe someone else in the community can answer that question.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #3 by LN888
ok. THNX...

I posted then also in a different category about my J!1.6 plight on migrating... and if (IF) it is even possible. Other post here....
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by LN888. Reason: added the post url

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for doing that. I hope someone can help you in your search for an answer.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds