Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea Migration from Minibb to Kunena?

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by Concrete Disciples
Hi,
I have began rebuilding a very large customized site, (13 years of building) and I am putting it on the Joomla foundation. I've installed Kunena without incident and it works fine.

I am looking to migrate my current forum with:
Total Number of Signed Up Users » 13138
Total Number of Topics » 9464
Total Number of Replies » 88941
URL: www.concretedisciples.com/forum/index.php

into Kunena. I searched the entire Forum here and there is not one mention of minibb on it.
If I just do a CSV import of the data from my existing forum into the table for Kunena will it work? I have migrated the User info into JomSocial so I don't have to migrate that info.

My development is ongoing under a different domain here:
skateparkmagazine.com/forums.html

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jeff Greenwood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by Concrete Disciples
I never got any answer about this. I ended up paying someone to write a script to achieve this. It worked ok, but not everything came over clean because of formatting differences.

Jeff

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by xristo
Jeff,

Shame you never got an answer as it appears there are many users of old forums wanting to do the same thing...integrate or import into Kunena. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? Or better yet, how many hours did the developer claim it took him?

I have a CSV of an old custom built forum I need to "somehow" integrate into my JOOMLA site, preferable into a category in Kunena.

Thanks in advance

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by Concrete Disciples
Hi, I got billed for 34.5 hours.

There's been many bugs, but essentially the old posts are there. Anything with code display didn't cross over well, so I had my coded just fix the images.

It is good to not have an empty forum on the new site, but none of the old stuff is usable except for viewing.

I hope that will help you decide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xristo

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds