Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important kunena Kunena migration

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by EthanHall
hi,

What is the safest way i can migrate from one database of kunena 1.5 to another kunena 1.5 the tables in the database have changed to jos_ to xxx (something else).

I saw that i can export them from the database is this something that would work ok ? what is the users in that Db are no longer available ? kunena is linked to jomsocial and jomsocial and kunena are on a fresh install now . Is there a safe route for this ? like exporting first the jomsocial users then the kunena tables and adding them after they can be linked to the profiles .

Thank you
E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Ethan, and welcome to Kunena.

What are you trying to do, specifically? Are you trying to copy the Kunena forum from one site to another. Is that what you want to do?

Copying the Kunena tables from one website to another is only half the issue, particularly if the old site had different users to the new site. You also have to migrate the Joomla user tables, too. Searching this forum will probably give you a lot more clues on what you might need to consider. If your search does not give you the answers you are looking for, can you provide us with some more information about what you are trying to achieve, maybe with an explanation of how you got yourself into difficulties in the first place. Thanks and good luck.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by EthanHall
actually it worked ok , database export worked great.

My issue was that jomsocial was connected to other 2 components which shared the users , so once i've injected the users inside jomsocial first then the rest worked smooth.

So for future users if you have linked jomsocial to kunena and other things try first restoring JS then all the rest as the users are created and managed there first.

E

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds