Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question email subscription kunena not work

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by sharemind
hello

I have just installed Kunena 1.5.11 and joomla 1.5.18

but I do not receive email subscription from kunena.

I receive email if I report to moderator, but not the subscription :S

In the Kunena configuration Allow subscription is set to Yes.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sharemind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by mibnbikes
Hi Sharemind,

try and do a search first, there are plenty of threads on this issue.

regards Mikkel.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #3 by sharemind
Hi

thanks for the answer

I have seached this forum and google, but I did not find anything to solve the problem.

By the way I am not in localhost and I have:

PHP: 5.2.9
MySQL: 5.0.90
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sharemind.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, sharemind, and welcome to Kunena. Sometimes we can solve these problems and sometimes we can't. I find it intriguing to read that you do not receive subscription emails but you do receive "report to moderator" ones. I suppose the next questions that follow are:
  • Are you sure that you subscribed to the specific topics that should have generated emails?
  • Are you using the same email account as the one that you received your emailed "report to moderator" messages?
  • Have you looked in your junk mail folder?
We've given email issues a thorough "going over". In some rare cases there's nothing more that we can do because the problems stem from the user's hosting platform and nothing can be done about the problems apart from changing web hosting providers.

It's possible that your problems derive from something else on your website that you haven't told us about; it could be something that has its roots in another Joomla extension, for example. These are difficult questions to answer but, as I wrote elsewhere (two months ago):

I understand people's hesitation to use K 1.5.11 after the embarrassment of K 1.5.10. However, even though K 1.5.11 has been available to the public for the past 5 days, this version was subjected to exhaustive testing - we were exhausted from testing it :laugh: - for over a week before that. K 1.5.11 was implemented on this site and has been working here (especially in the e-mail department) for nearly two weeks.

I think that, after everything that has been written here, we can reasonably conclude that K 1.5.11 is inherently stable as far as email is concerned. B)

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by sharemind
Hello sozzled,

* Are you sure that you subscribed to the specific topics that should have generated emails?
* Are you using the same email account as the one that you received your emailed "report to moderator" messages?
* Have you looked in your junk mail folder?

The answer is yes for all the question.

I don't have any particular component installed on joomla

So.... the problem could be only related to my hosting service?

I will test to the site on a different hosting company... to see if it work.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds