Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question BBcode parser: I'd like it to ignore extraneous chars inside the tags.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by tripslip38
I've converted my phpBB3 forum successfully to Kunena 1.5.11.

I have a problem though with my migrated data that is causing Kunena to either ignore or throw a fault on the BBcode parser. Ths isn't a catastrophic error, it just doesn't markup the BBcode.

PhpBB3 uses strange unique ID's within the BBcode they store in the database for post content. They should up discreetly in the phpBB3 database in a column called bbcode_uid. If I understand correctly, they're used to properly markup nested tags of the same time, like quotes.

Example: [url:17ejkhi]www....[/url:17ejkhi]

Kunena doesn't like them.

I guess there are 2 options: Strip them at migration time, or modify the Kunena BBcode parser to detect the colon and ignore the chars between the colon and the right bracket.

Frankly my regex skils aren't strong enough for this. Is there any way we can get a fix to the Kunena parser to be a little more robust about extra characters in the BBcode tags if they're preceded by a colon?

Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by tripslip38.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The easy way is to export the table with phpmydamin and with a text editor, you will replace all the occurences and then re-import the things in your database.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds