Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question please help me install kunena

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by h4k4qq
Dear Friends,
'
I am very new to joomla and its component. today kunena file dowloaded could not be installed. have followed suggestion in help menu at joomla adminstrator. However. it didn't work either. please advise the simplest way to install kunena.

Other things need your help:

1. Download the correct package from the JoomlaCode for Kunena. what files 2b downloaded, there are 3 0r 4 files
2. Make a backup copy of your live site (important): how can I do that?
3. Install the new Kunena Forum version
4. Create a menu link in you main menu (important): how
5. Make it available to your special users: who is the special user?
6. Check your live site to make sure it is working correctly: how
7. Make it available to all users
8. Backup your live site again (important) : how can i do that

sorry for all these stupid questions. appreciate very much your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

1°) Download this one : joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/12...b1884_2010-04-04.zip
2°) You can backup your datas with this tool extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/backup/1606 and export your database tables with phpmyadmin by example.
8°)Same for the 2°)

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, h4k4qq, and welcome to Kunena. Please do as xillibit has suggested.

I understand your confusion in the first numbered point that you made: What file or files do I need when there are so many to choose from?

The answer should be simple (but everyone has different ideas about what is simple). If you are very new to Joomla the first item on my list of things to do would be to borrow or buy a good book on Joomla, sit down with it for a few hours, and read what it's all about. The investment you make in learning about Joomla will be repaid in next to no time. I think you will find this topic helpful to you: I am trying to get started to use kunena for a website!

We are reviewing the layout of the www.kunena.com website and we're in the process of making it easier for people to find the installation kit that users need to install the current version of Kunena. :)

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds