Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Move forum to a new site with existing users

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by mindriot
Hi folks.

Got a quick question. Im thinking of moving my users and kunena forum from one site to another.

Both sites have users, Im wondering if I sync the users from one site to the other and then move the forum will the content ownership in the forum get stuffed up?

Basically does kunena match content to user id, as my users id's in Joomla will change on the new site I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You can't do that, you will have conflict with user IDs, in this case you need to remove users from the target site.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by mindriot
Thanks, thought this might be the case, theres not a lot of content, would it be possible to edit the content to reflect the right user id's?

If so which tables would need attention?

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by Cerberus
the fb_messages table in the DB

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by mindriot
much appreciated folks.

Ill have a go and see how I get on.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
Yes, you would need to modify the fb_messages table (good luck matching the email addresses, BTW) to marry the userid to the new users.

If you have moderators assigned (whether as global moderators or category-specific moderators) you might need to reassign who your "new" moderators are by using the Kunena User Administration facility in the backend.

If any of your users have subscribed to topics, you will also need to edit the userid in the table fb_subscriptions.

If your users have marked any threads as their favourites, you should also look at the userid in the table fb_favorites.

I think that just about covers everything.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds