Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Fireboard version: 1.0.5RC2 to Kunena_v1.5.11 - Wampserver issue

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by bamboo
I have been trying to up grade a Joomla site to all the latest releases, details below. I got very close to successful upgrades and then the whole site broke. I tried for awhile to find out what went wrong and couldn’t so I have restored a backup via cpanel and I am back to square one, almost!

My problem now is that at one point I tried to upgrade Fireboard version: 1.0.5RC2 >> Kunena_v1.5.11 locally on a WampServer. I first uninstalled fireboard and I forget exactly what I did but I also deleted the fireboard module with a file manager. I can now no longer get the Fireboard component to show up in 'components menu' on the wampserver localhost. It shows up fine on the remoter server.

Since restoring the backup on my live site I want to have an exact mirror on my test server. I have extracted the backup from the cpanel home directory file and put it into a new folder on WampServer, replaced the configuration.php for the localhost version and the site is functioning normally except that the Fireboard component doesn't show up in 'components menu'. Is there and external config file somewhere that could be causing this? I noticed some strange things going on if I was logged into the backend of more than one local version at a time with Firefox so I thought it was a cache problem. I ran Ccleaner but it didn’t resolve the issue.

I don’t want to move forward now until I have my local and remote site perfectly in sync so I can properly test before changing the live server.

My current installed versions:

Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.6
Community Builder - CB_1.2_STABLE_v1.0
CBSubs_102
CB Passphrase v 0.0.1
Fireboard: 1.0.5RC2
DOCman v1.4.0 RC3
Remote Web Server: Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.5
Testing server: WampServer 2.0i

Needed upgrades

Joomla_1.5.6 >> 1.5.17
Components
Community Builder - CB_1.2_STABLE_v1.0 >> cb_1_2_2
CBSubs_102 >> CBSubs_103
CB Passphrase v 0.0.1 >>
Fireboard version: 1.0.5RC2 >> Kunena_v1.5.11
DOCman v1.4.0 RC3 >> docman-1.5.7

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
bamboo wrote:

My problem now is that at one point I tried to upgrade Fireboard version: 1.0.5RC2 >> Kunena_v1.5.11 locally on a WampServer. I first uninstalled fireboard and I forget exactly what I did but I also deleted the fireboard module with a file manager. I can now no longer get the Fireboard component to show up in 'components menu' on the wampserver localhost. It shows up fine on the remoter server.

Hello,

If you have uninstalled fireboard, it's normal that you can't see it in menu components.

The upgrade procedure is the following :

-uninstall fireboard
-install kunena 1.5.11

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by bamboo
xillibit wrote:

bamboo wrote:

Hello,

If you have uninstalled fireboard, it's normal that you can't see it in menu components.

The upgrade procedure is the following :

-uninstall fireboard
-install kunena 1.5.11

Thanks xillibit, Yes of course, if a component is uninstalled it will no longer show up in the menu.

Maybe I didn't make the issue clear. A website lives in a root directory. In this case it went bad so I restored a known good backup. In the backup web FB had not been uninstalled but still didn't show in the menu.

Later today I setup another PC with the same web directory inside the wampserver root. FB showed up as it should. I couldn't continue work on that PC because a necessary component of wampserver was not compatible with the 64bit win7 os. Back to the orginal PC I resolved the problem by deleting the com_fireboard directories in both /components and /administrator/components then reinstalled FB, uninstalled FB installed Kunena. All wenty successfully but now the main forum link 404s because the FB link http://localhost/myweb/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=18 hasn't updated. How can I fix this now?

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by bamboo
fixed broken link in menu manager..

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by xillibit
Are you solved your problem now ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by bamboo
Yes, my immediate problem is fixed. I will look into why FB didn't show up in the components menu on my localhost elsewhere. Thx

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds