Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Moving from SMF to Kunena.. Need some advice

More
14 years 4 days ago #1 by freespirit
We will convert our SMF-forum to Kunena but we need exactly the same url as today so we wont lose Google-indexation. Is it a good idea to first install SEF in the SMF-forum and then convert to Kunena after Google has found the SEF url:s? Maybe easier to make the urls the same in Kunena by doing this?

We talked about making a script that will rewrite the url to the same in Kunena but got warned cause it might be problem in the future if we need to change again or upgrade.
Or is there another way/better way to do it?

(example of url today: www.foretagande.se/component/option,com_...,10011/topic,4403.0/ )

As you can see it contains both Joomla and SMF. There is a bridge today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 days ago #2 by sozzled
I really don't have any information to help here. What does a search of SMF at www.kunena.com tell you?

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by Jed11
You need to know whether you have SMF 1x or SMF 2x.

The only reports I've found of success are those that have installed fireboard, migrated SMF 1x to fireboard, then upgraded fireboard to Kunena.

I haven't found any successes of anyone migrating SMF 2x to Kunena.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by Cerberus
well from what i have read you have two options.

1. convert SMF--->Fireboard--->Kunena

2. start from scratch.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds