Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

Question Upgraded to 1.5.11 and now security message is missing for logged out users

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by jumpyg
I upgraded to the latest version from 1.5.9 I think. Everything is fine except the message "This forum is open only to registered and logged-in users. If you are already registered, please log in first." DOES NOT show up when a user isn't logged in. The forum page is simply blank. Once I login, everything is fine. The language file at
/joomla/administrator/components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php is there and contains the appropriate strings.

I upgraded by using "install/uninstall" in joomla. I didn't uninstall the previous version. I have altered some core files, but mostly just css and image files to change the look of the template. Not sure what is going on, please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi, try to enable Joomla debug or read a log from server to see if there are some error.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by @quila.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Passing comment: If users alter core Kunena files, or the default_ex template, these changes will be overridden by the upgrade process. Perhaps there's a extension (possibly unrelated to Kunena) that you installed with K 1.5.9 that doesn't work in the new version. Discussbot? LatestPost?

More
9 years 6 months ago #4 by cfinnigan
I just upgraded to 1.5.13 (I don't have a more current PHP version to install the latest Kunena version) and I am having the same problem. I want the message saying 'This forum is open only to registered and logged-in users' appearing instead of a blank page. Did you ever figure this out?

It's hard to find information in these forums because the search function displays all posts instead of threads, so I'll have a long list of posts in the same thread in my search results.

Thanks if you can help.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled

cfinnigan wrote: Did you ever figure this out?

The user who raised this topic did not reply to our responses for further information. I searched the forum for [literally] 'This forum is open only to registered and logged-in users' blank page and this topic was the only topic in which that combination of words appeared.

Therefore the solution to this problem is still unknown. I can only suggest that you try @quila's suggestion, enable Joomla debug mode and see if there is an error message reported. Blank pages usually indicate that there is a software error on your website. Blank pages usually indicate that you are running a defective Joomla extension or have some kind of site configuration issue.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds