Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Migrating a Rokbridged Site from PHPBB to Kunena

More
14 years 6 days ago #1 by Dave Richards
I'm looking over the migration procedures ( docs.kunena.com/index.php/PHPBB3_to_Kunena ) and I've got two questions.

1) When you run the converter, does that simply add the phpbb users to the joomla db?

My issue is that everyone who is in phpbb already has a joomla account now, many of them with articles and all of them with existing jomsocial accounts. I do not want to destroy those article/jomsocial account associations, but I also want to keep the forum discussion associations.

2) Given that, what's the best way to migrate?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 days ago #2 by Cerberus
There isnt a good way to migrate in this case, start from fresh would be your best bet in my opinion.

More
14 years 5 days ago #3 by Dave Richards
I was afraid of that. I'm not opposed to it, but some members of the site I'm running are.

Next Question: Is it really worth it? I'm planning on sticking with Joomla and I really want to better integrate the forum and social networking aspects of the site better. Seems like Kunena is the best solution.

More
14 years 5 days ago - 14 years 5 days ago #4 by Cerberus
lolol sadly as im one of the testers for kunena i can not answer " is kunena the best forum " question in good faith as i am going to say that yes it the best solution because im working with them. So best thing i can say is try all the options out there and if you still feel kunena is your best option then feel free to answer anything here and one of the members or staff will help you with most problems.
Last edit: 14 years 5 days ago by Cerberus.

More
14 years 5 days ago #5 by Dave Richards
Say what you want ;) You're working with them, so I understand a bias.

How about I change the question a bit then: What other options SHOULD I look at?

More
14 years 5 days ago #6 by Cerberus
see the link below for all availible forum components for joomla:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/communication/forum

Although id say kunena is the best and has most propects for the future.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds