Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Problem updating from 1.5.9 to 1.5.11

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by thetoast
I installed the updates. But when i go to turn the forum to back on line i get an error.
Code:
Notice: Unknown configuration variable posted. in /home/teamecla/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php on line 876 Assertion failed! Script: /home/teamecla/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php Line: 877 Condition: variable value $0 " key value $function "debug_assert_callback" [args] Nested Array $1 " key value $file "/home/teamecla/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php" $line "877" $function "assert" [args] Nested Array $2 " key value $file "/home/teamecla/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php" $line "182" $function "saveConfig" [args] Nested Array $3 " key value $file "/home/teamecla/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php" $line "162" [args] Nested Array $function "require_once" $4 " key value $file "/home/teamecla/public_html/administrator/includes/application.php" $line "136" $function "renderComponent" $class "JComponentHelper" $type "->" [args] Nested Array $5 " key value $file "/home/teamecla/public_html/administrator/index.php" $line "67" $function "dispatch" $class "JAdministrator" $type "->" [args] Nested Array $6 " key value $file "/home/teamecla/public_html/administrator/index2.php" $line "14" [args] Nested Array $function "include"

Please help i can not turn my forum back online.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
If I understand you correctly, you made a change to your Configuration Settings before you upgraded:

Kunena Configuration » Basics » Forum Offline = Yes

Then you upgraded to K 1.5.11. Then you went back to your Kunena control panel to re-enable your forum, i.e., to change the Configuration settings as follows:

Kunena Configuration » Basics » Forum Offline = No

Then, when you press Save, you got the error messages. Is that correct? Don't worry, we'll get your forum running again. :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by thetoast

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
There are a few tricks we can so to get your forum running again. One way is to change the database directly without using the Kunena control panel. This is, of course, a risky procedure: see How To Destroy your forum data... . As long as you are aware of the risks involved, we could proceed down that path.

The second approach is to look at what might have gone wrong. I suspect that your installation procedure didn't complete successfully. Did you, by any chance, make a backup of your website just before you installed K 1.5.11?

We've had one or two questions asked recently about problems with "incomplete" Kunena installations, more questions than I've seen asked in relation to previous versions of Kunena, and I'm wondering whether there is any commonality between them. Which installation kit did you use? ZIP or TAR? I prefer to use ZIP kits - I've never had a problem with them. I'll get back to you as soon as I find what DB table and field is responsible for disabling your Kunena forum.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by thetoast
i used the zip file. i have a backup of my html_home data and i have a sql for my jommla site. I would just like to get my forum up and running again as easy as i can.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
The setting that is responsible for controlling if your Kunena forum is online or offline is controlled by the table jos_fb_config (there is only one record in this table) by the column board_offline. The normal value for board_offline is 0. Changing this value with phpMyAdmin may get your forum running again, however I strongly suspect that your installation of K 1.5.11 is suspect or incomplete and you could be heading into uncharted territory as far as providing your users with a stable, reliable forum. It all depends on what kind of risks you are prepared to take.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #7 by thetoast
Should i try a reinstall of 1.5.11 first? I really just wanna get my forums back up.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by thetoast.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
My preferred option is to ask you to do the installation again. I realise that you have already installed K 1.5.11, but you can install K 1.5.11 as many times as you like without having to uninstall it. Repeat the installation again and advise if you received the "installation successful" message.

It's possible that the installation kit that you downloaded from this website was incomplete. Please check that your download of com_kunena_v1.5.11_stable_b1884_2010-04-04.zip is 1,069,609 bytes in size.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #9 by thetoast
I don't get any message where should i be looking?

More
13 years 11 months ago #10 by thetoast
OH man it work i just had to reinstall an dit works now no more error message.

Thank you guys some much for helping me!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds