Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Upgrade Issues from Fireboard

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by andyk
Upgraded from fireboard. Got the timeout error when using the upload package. When unzipped all files to the tmp folder, still got the upload error. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
PHP timeouts are a constant source of installation/upgrade problems. You've done the usual thing: unzipped the files and and copied them to the tmp folder. Good. :)

Are you getting a specific "upload error" (your words, not mine) message?

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by andyk
I think I may have discovered the issue! I am usin CB version 1.1. Could it be a factor?

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by andyk
I put the site on debug and I get:

-1 - An error has occurred.
It was not possible to copy the selected file.

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JAdministrator->dispatch() /home/wolstant/public_html/administrator/index.php:67
2 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /home/wolstant/public_html/administrator/includes/application.php:130
3 require_once() /home/wolstant/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:162
4 JController->execute() /home/wolstant/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/admin.installer.php:44
5 InstallerController->doInstall() /home/wolstant/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:236
6 InstallerModelInstall->install() /home/wolstant/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/controller.php:71
7 JInstaller->install() /home/wolstant/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/models/install.php:86
8 JInstallerComponent->install() /home/wolstant/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php:333
9 com_install() /home/wolstant/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/component.php:270
10 JFolder::copy() /home/wolstant/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/kunena.install.php:149
11 JFolder::copy() /home/wolstant/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php:111
12 JError::raiseError() /home/wolstant/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php:120
13 JError::raise() /home/wolstant/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:173
14 JException->__construct() /home/wolstant/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:138

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
andyk wrote:

I think I may have discovered the issue! I am usin CB version 1.1. Could it be a factor?

Major factor (as far as Kunena is concerned). This site and the documentation Wiki are littered with innumerable warnings about what yo must do as far as Kunena and Community Builder are concerned.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
andyk wrote:

I put the site on debug and I get:

-1 - An error has occurred.
It was not possible to copy the selected file.

Sounds like a folder permissions problem. Check that your site conforms to Joomla standard folder permissions settings at the very minimum.

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds