Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Error after install

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by shane
Error after install was created by shane
I have migrated my old Joomla 1.0.15 site to Joomla 1.5.15. Along with that migration I have also moved from FB 1.0.5rc2 to Kunena 1.5.9.

I started out by upgrading FB to Kunena on my old site so all messages would be in Kunena format in the db.

I installed Kunena on my fresh Joomla 1.5.15 install and brought all of the messages over with no issues - all messages are there and in the correct places.

On my admin Kunena console I have the message "Upgrading Kunena to version 1.5.0 has failed! Your forum may be missing some important fixes and some features may be broken. Please try to upgrade again. If you cannot upgrade to kunena 1.5.9, you can easily downgrade to the latest working version. Our support forum can be found..."

Screenshot attached.

What steps do I need to follow to fix this? Downgrade to 1.5.8 and then re-upgrade? I am confused since this is a new installation.

Thanks for any help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Error after install
Hello,

Try to re-install kunena, by using the function in joomla! installer : 'install from directory', just unzip the kunena archive in the directory /tmp of your server.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Error after install
Actually this problem is common when you migrate from J1.0 to J1.5: migrator tool is broken and breaks FireBoard (it just doesn't detect the issue and gets huge amount of new "bugs").

Please check that you have copied all the jos_fb tables and have indexes in them (you're missing at least one table).

To avoid further problems, I recommend you to remove all jos_fb tables from the new installation, copying all of them manually from old database to the new one and changing collation to UTF-8 -- all can be done in phpmyadmin. After that just install Kunena 1.5.9 again and it should work.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by shane
Replied by shane on topic Re: Error after install
Once I installed Kunena on my clean new Joomla 1.5.15 site, I immediately brought over all jos_fb tables immediately from the old site. I don't think I can do this again as I've had users post since the migration and the tables will no longer match.

Will a "re-install" work? Do I need to uninstall first? Or just install over the top of what is there?

Thanks for the help!

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by shane
Replied by shane on topic Re: Error after install
I just went into my mysqladmin utility and looked at all of my tables.

There is one table missing an index: jos_fb_config_backup.

This table is also missing an index on my old joomla site. This must not have indexed when I upgraded from fireboard to kunena?

Is there a way to fix this?

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Error after install
Configuration backup table is not needed by Kunena. So the issue is not in there.

Mixing up messages and their body is usually caused from the fact that jos_fb_messages does not have primary key (id). Another reason could be some broken Kunena template/hack/module/plugin. Do you should try just Kunena without any modifications or extra things.

For example Kunena Discuss behaves sometimes badly in this regard: it tries to be too smart and ends to be slow and will happily put its own message body/text into the latest message instead of the correct one. I know this because of I have spent last two days reading its code. I haven't had time to check out any other modification lately, but I would not be surprised to see same kind of mistakes in those too.

Time to create page: 0.742 seconds