Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question DB function failed, Installation error

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by herinoer
when i try to install kunena 1.5.9, I take this error:

Code:
* Component Install: DB function failed with error number 2006
MySQL server has gone away SQL=INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'Kunena Forum', 'option=com_kunena', 0, 0, 'option=com_kunena', 'Kunena Forum', 'com_kunena', 0, 'js/ThemeOffice/component.png', 0, '', 1 )
SQL =

INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'Kunena Forum', 'option=com_kunena', 0, 0, 'option=com_kunena', 'Kunena Forum', 'com_kunena', 0, 'js/ThemeOffice/component.png', 0, '', 1 )

* It was not possible to copy the selected file.
* JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /home/amax/public_html/forum/tmp/install_4ba2f603b54d0/manifest.xml to /home/amax/public_html/forum/administrator/components/com_kunena/manifest.xml
* Component Install: Could not copy setup file
* Error Loading ModulesMySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 2 AND m.client_id = 1 ORDER BY position, ordering
what should i do?

I have:
Mysql : 5.0.89 community
PHP 5.2.8

I've tried to install with .zip, tar etc format..
I've change the file permision to 777 /component, tmp/ images
Thanx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Your MySQL server has gone away, try to re-install kunena by putting kunena in /tmp and launch the install from this directory.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by Matias
You should increase MySQL timeout to around 180 seconds and try again. Copying files takes a long time and MySQL should be nice and keep waiting during that time.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by herinoer
I didnot find the way to increase mysql timeout in this forum. Can you direct me about it?

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by Matias
It has nothing to do with Joomla or Kunena. It's a server setting. Please ask it from your service provider.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds