Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Migrating from e107 CMS: Problem with users

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by gvvampire
Hi there,

I have use the e107 converter to fireboard and everything is ok. I have download the kunena's forum and it is automatically moved the forums to the kunena's but i cannot login into the forum with my e107 user settings (username and pass).

Into the Control Panel i see all my members but i cannot use them.

When i am trying to login i get the following error.

E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS

DOes anybody can help me please?

Hope to respond asap.

Thank you for your time.

Chrys
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about e107. What is it, where do you get it, how do you use it and why is it necessary?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #3 by gvvampire
I have a website that is based in e107 CMS ( www.e107.org ).
I want to transfer it in joomla system.I have found the e107 converter to firebird forum.Since that everything is working correct.

I have download the Kunena forum and i have the problem that i cannot login with the username and password from the past users.
These users appears into the Kunena control panel in user administrators but not in the joomla system.

I see all 320 members into the forum with all categories, posts etc but i cannot login with there accounts.

What must i do?

I hope that this post is more clean than the first one.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
I'm sorry. I have no familiarity at all with e107 or with any migration/conversion script that you may have used to create a Fireboard forum or, for that matter, what specific version of Fireboard resulted from running your conversion/migration script.

There is a process to convert and upgrade to Kunena. The process is explained (to a varying standards of completeness) in the documentation companion site ( docs.kunena.com ). We have also been able to assist some users with their specific Fireboard upgrades elsewhere in these forums. Please browse the relevant category for that information.

Before proceeding further, the e107 website contains little information about the product, platform or whatever it is. From the looks of things, e107 is a CMS, like Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla. Is that correct?

So, the next question is this: what forum component were you using with your e107-driven site?

It may be have been appropriate, once upon a time, to use Fireboard as a stepping-stone in migrating your forum to Joomla (and subsequently to migrated from Fireboard to Kunena) but maybe that approach is no longer relevant today for J! 1.5? :S But, like I said before, I don't know how that migration script/procedure worked or what results were produced from it.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by Matias
If you migrate from another system to Joomla, you need to reset and send all users new passwords (or find/code login plugin that handles password checks from old system).

This is because of every system has hash that stores passwords and even if they use the same hashing function, they salt it to make it hard to guess passwords if somebody gets database access to them..

Users can also ask new password to their email..

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds