Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena not visible on front end

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by bigmike0601
Kunena is not visible on the front end of my site. Everything is fine and working on the backend. Do I need to enable somehow? here is a link www.oceancity2do.com
mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You need to create a link in joomla! menu manager to kunena component.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #3 by bigmike0601
This is my first Joomla install as well... :blush: I created the link to Forum in main menu, but when I click it's not in correct format.. :(
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by bigmike0601.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
First of all, please note the change in subject.

bigmike0601 wrote:

This is my first Joomla install as well... :blush: I created the link to Forum in main menu, but when I click it's not in correct format.. :(

I've looked at your website. I understand the problem and I believe that I have a partial solution.

The problem was caused when you changed an important Kunena configuration parameter. I know, there are so many of them. Which one did you change? There is a natural tendency, among new users, to change several configuration settings and then when they visit their forum, they discover that it's so messed up they don't know what to do next.

That's OK. This is your first Joomla install and your first Kunena install and you can use this experience to learn what not to do next time! ;)

For starters, Kunena, straight out of the box, works without you having to change a single configuration setting. Therefore, the first thing that you should do is to return all the settings back to their original values. I have been thinking, for a long time, to write a module that will do this automatically because of the number of times we encounter this situation. Please use Kunena Configuration as a guide.

If you must change any of Kunena's configuration settings, then do them one-by-one, carefully, and observe how each of them affects things. It also helps to read Configuration Tips . Your specific problem, that has screwed-up the display, was probably caused by setting "Use Joomla Style = Yes". Change the setting back to its original value (= No) and you will (probably) fix the problem you've currently got. B)

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by bigmike0601
Sozzled,

Thanks for your help! Everything fine and now I can start exploring the software itself!! Joomla style was set the no, but i went through everything as you suggested and found the problem. In the Joomla settings I had url to SEO friendly setting. This apparently does not work well with Kunena or at least in my specific situation. I turned it off and good to go! Thanks again!
Mike

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
See Search engine optimization (SEO) . Note, Joomla SEO needs .htaccess file. Remember: dot-htaccess.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds