Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Problem with Installation

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by bigmike0601
I intstalled joomla 1.5 successfully then tried to install Kunena 1.5.9 and got the following error.

"The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request. The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Although the information at Technical Requirements (in the Wiki) is a little out-of-date, have you looked at it in terms of helping to diagnose what has occurred in your case? Pay particular attention to what version of Joomla you are using, PHP, MySQL, webserver software, directory permissions, server execution time-outs, etc.

If you could provide more information on your current hosting platform, any specific error messages (e.g. have you enabled Joomla debug mode?), this would also help.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by bigmike0601
I appologize for not knowing a whole lot about this. I did read the tech section, but im very new to all of this.

I'm using Joomla version 1.5.15 and debug system and language are set to default 'no'. I will have to find out other info as I really do not know.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by bigmike0601
Type Debian

MySQL Version

Perl Version
Perl 5.8.8

PHP Version
PHP 5.2.2

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by bigmike0601
I turned debugs to on and it intalled fine. Do I turn them off now?

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

Normally when you enable the debug mode during kunena isntallion, this causing issues.

Do you have the message : "installation sucessful" ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
As a general guide, Installation Issues might be helpful. I don't know anything about Debian Linux web servers; apparently they seem to have some issues with the image processing libraries that they use, but this isn't your current problem.

Do you know how to turn on Joomla debug mode? It's a setting within your Global Configuration feature on your administration site.

Although Kunena installs effortlessly on most Joomla websites (I've never experienced any problems with Apache servers, for example), occasionally users have difficulties because of the bzillions of different ways that their webhosting platforms are put together. C'est la vie!

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by bigmike0601
"installation sucessful" after I enabled debugs in Joomla. However, on the front side after the intallation there was code all over the page. I turned the debugs off and the code went away. I have another question, but will post in seperate thread. Thanks!

More
14 years 1 month ago #9 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Problem with Installation
Can you post the code you saw into here?

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds