Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Login button redirects user to: /component/user/

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by SEO Web Design Co
Hi guys,
I'm having some weird problems after the Kunena Installation. The forum seems awesome, just having problems making it work correctly.
Maybe some of you could follow these steps and tell me what's wrong?

* Go to: seo-web-design-co.com
* Click on: Forum
* Click Register
*Fill out registration.
* It takes you to: seo-web-design-co.com/component/user/ where is says, "Welcome to the registered user area of our site. "

You're still not logged in and when you try to log in, you end back at the registered area.

Any ideas would be awesome! Thanks guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by SEO Web Design Co
It also won't let anyone post threads or replies. Need some help!

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
* Go to: seo-web-design-co.com (No problem there)
* Click on: Forum (No problem there, either)
* Click Register (The registration form appears)
* Fill out registration. (For security reasons we do not register ourselves at users websites, but I assume that this function works as you have described.)
* It takes you to: seo-web-design-co.com/component/user/ where is says, "Welcome to the registered user area of our site." (OK, so users have registered. Sounds like everything is working as it should.) But have users activated their registration and have they logged in to your website? :unsure:

Here is what I wrote on the subject about an hour ago:

I have said this, and others have also said this, on many occasions: Kunena is not responsible for how users register or login to your website. That's the start, the middle and (pretty much) the end of the discussion. Joomla handles the way your users register and login. The Joomla registration process may be helped by third-party extensions like Community Builder or JomSocial or other extensions if you have installed them. :)

Kunena displays the "Please login or register" options at the top of the forum pages. Sometimes this works for people and sometimes it doesn't quite meet their particular needs. Everyone is different. Sometimes people want to use this area for other purposes; sometimes they just want the whole thing to go away altogether. Again, there's no commonality among the different kinds of requests we get on this topic. However, from a support perspective, the feature (that is, the login/registration links incorporated into Kunena) that you've referred to, this actually works. B)

Can users, who register at your website, login after they've registered and activated their accounts?

When your users have activated their accounts they can login and they should be able to post messages to your Kunena forum.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by SEO Web Design Co
The reason I posted the question is because users can NOT log in, post to the forum or anythign else.

I'm not asking for custom work, just want to make the forum work the way it should. I've read LOTS of posts on here and saw basically this same response multiple times... Just not sure how to let people log into my forum.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
Do you have any accounts - a test account - that allows you to login to your website. Let's start with that first. Then let's move to the Kunena issues afterwards. OK? :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by SEO Web Design Co

More
14 years 1 month ago #7 by SEO Web Design Co
I'm using the SEF plugin so that may be part of the problem. Need help.

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
I entered the username and password on the login form on your home page. I was not logged in. I did not get any error message, either, why I was not logged in.

SEO Web Design Co wrote:

I'm using the SEF plugin so that may be part of the problem. Need help.

What (or whose) SEF plugin are you using?

More
14 years 1 month ago #9 by SEO Web Design Co
I think it's mod_shCustomTags-0.7
Not for sure. The title is System - SEF

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #10 by sozzled
Thank you. Have you tried to login to your site yourself? Can you login, using the login form on your home page? Let's not even go near the Kunena forum, for the time being, OK?

I was unable to login to your site using the login form on your site's home page seo-web-design-co.com .

As far as the SEF plugin that you've installed, what happens if you disable or uninstall it? Can you then login? :dry:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds