Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Migrate from FB to Kunena: Can't find any fireboard tables in database

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by KimH
Hi

I am running a Joomla 1.0.13 site and want to migrate the forum from Fireboard 1.04 to Kunena 1.0.11. Before doing so I ant to backup the database in case something goes wrong. To my surprise I don't see any tables in the database called jos_fb_* which I thought was normal.

So, before I processed, can someone please tell in details what I need to backup before the migrate and how I can check that everything is ready for an migration?

Regards
Kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Good idea: backup the database.

I can't tell you, specifically, what your database tables look like because I don't know enough about how you created your Joomla website in the first place. I suspect that you're looking in the wrong place with whatever database tool you're using (phpMyAdmin, perhaps?)

The database associated with your Joomla website is shown (in the backend for J! 1.0.x) in Global Configuration » Database Tab » MySQL Database. The database table prefix is defined on the line below that one (MySQL Database Prefix). Normally the prefix is jos_

When you know what database you should look for, and what your database prefix is, look for those tables called <MySQL Database Prefix>_fb_* and backup those ones.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by KimH
Thanks man, you are right. I was looking at the wrong database. For some reason the database in use was placed on antother server..... confusing....

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds