Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Mamboboard to Fireboard to Kunena upgrade instructions

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by hfhs72
Upgrading from Mamboboard to Fireboard to Kunena instructions.

For those of you still in the dark ages, like me, running Mamboboard on a Joomla 1.0.15 system and hoping to upgrade to Joomla 1.5.x and beyond you know that you can't upgrade to Joomla 1.5 until you upgrade your message forum. Otherwise you stand to lose all your messages. Below are instructions (at least it worked for me) to upgrade your Forum to Kunena 1.0.11. Then you will be on your way to upgrading to Joomla 1.5.x and Kunena 1.5.x.

Requirements for this upgrade.

Joomla 1.0.15
Mamboboard Version. 1.6.8 Stable
Available here: www.mamboboard.com/

Fireboard Version 1.0.4 Stable
Available here: www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,co...adid,1/catid,3/Itemi

FBConverter: Updates the FB database.
com_fbconverter_v1.0.5_b162_2008-09-20.zip
Available here: joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/frs/

Kunena Version 1.0.11
Available here: joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/frs/

Instructions:

BACKUP - BACKUP - BACKUP
  1. Backup your Database. Go into your cPanel or admin area for phpMyAdmin and make a backup copy of your entire Joomla database. You can do that by creating a new backup database and copying your joomla database to the backup database. Note that your forum db tables will look like this: jos_sb_xxxxx where xxxxx is the name of the table or in my case mos_sb_xxxxxx.

2. Make backup copies of your administrator/components/com_mamboboard and components/com_mamboboard directories using cPanel or FTP.

3. Upgrade your version of Mamboboard to version 1.6.8 stable if you haven't done so already. Follow the upgrade instructions for Mamboboard. This is usually just a simple step of uninstalling Mamboboard and installing a later version.

4. If you upgraded in step 3, go into your Mamboboard configuration and make sure that it is working properly. All Categories and messages are still in tacked. View the frontend and make sure it working properly as well. If not, stop here and fix what went wrong. Before continuing you must have a working Mamboboard.

5. Install Fireboard version 1.0.4 using the Joomla installer. This will create new jos_fb_xxxxx tables in your database. After installing you will see a message that states the installation is complete.

6. Install the FB Converter com_fbconverter_v1.0.5_b162_2008-09-20.zip This will convert some of the database tables for later upgrade.

7. Uninstall the FB Converter. This is no longer needed.

8. View the FB configuration in the Joomla backend. You should see all of your Categories, users etc from your Mamboboard forum. NOTE: You will have an SQL error message at the top of your page when viewing the FB config. It should say that a table (jos_fb_whosonline) is missing in the database.

9. To fix the SQL error, you will have to go into your phpMyAdmin and run the SQL command that is in the attached zip file below.

10. After running the above command, view your FB configuration and check to see if the error message is gone. If so, continue.

11. Uninstall Fireboard. (Don't worry your database will stay in tack.)

12. Install Kunena version 1.0.11

13. If all went well you should now have a running version of Kunena 1.0.11 on your Joomla 1.0.15 system.

14. Go into Kunena configuration and set it up to suite your needs. All your Categories and messages should still be there.

15. Make a menu item to go to Kunena.

16. After all has been confirmed that your Kunena system is running as expected you can uninstall Mamboboard.
You are now on your way to upgrading to Joomla 1.5.x or beyond.

PS. I am not a developer but, after a lot of trial and error and help from Mike (sozzled) here on the Kunena forum I was able to successfully upgrade my forum. I hope this helps you.

File Attachment:

File Name: MB_to_Kune...Code.zip
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds