Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Avatar restriction

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Victorius
Avatar restriction was created by Victorius
HI,

I have an avatar in my avatar directory which I want to be used only by me and my mate. That doesn't bother me if users can see it in the gallery but they shouldn't be able to use that.

What is the correct file permission setting to achieve that?

I tried chmod 700, but in this case I can't even see it shown (in the gallery it is, but not in my profile)

If I set 744, everybody could see and use it... :angry:

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Avatar restriction
Hello,
Code:
If I set 744, everybody could see and use it...
755 or 777 are correct permissions, i don't understand if noboby can see your avatars, what is the purpose to have avatars ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Victorius
Replied by Victorius on topic Re:Avatar restriction
Let me make it clear...

I have about a hundred avatars in the gallery. There's one I'd like to be used only by the system admins (me and my mate). That is, I am talking about this specific one, not the rest.

So the question again is what the correct chmod values are for that specific avatar file.

"I tried chmod 700, but in this case I can't even see it shown (in the gallery it is, but not in my profile)

If I set 744, everybody could see and use it"

I hope this helps. :cheer:

Thanks!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Avatar restriction
In this case, you need checking by php if the user is an moderator or an administrator, and display the image.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds