Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How to copy Kunena from one website to another

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by srdjanbg
Hello

I'm using kunena on one of my websites, but now i'm building totally new web site and only thing that i need is to transfer kunena forum topics and posts on new site.

Is there any way??

Thx...
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to imrpove search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Transfer Kunena
Hello,

It's possible, go in phpmyadmin export all tables begining by jos_fb_* , then in your new server import the tables that you have just exported and just install kunena 1.5.9 on your new server, it's all. If you have avatars or attachments, don't forgot to copy the directory images\fbfiles\* and the kunena customized templates if you have.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by srdjanbg
Replied by srdjanbg on topic Re:Transfer Kunena
Thank you thank you thank you !

Is there any way to easy transfer all registred users with there passwords as well ?

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Transfer Kunena
For joomla! users, you have two tables : jos_core_acl_aro and jos_users

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 6 days ago #5 by ddvyper
Hello!

I recently transfer my joomla and kunena from on website to another, but in the new website i have problem with the confirmation email, the upload imagens in avatar.

I think ir should change same file of the configuration.

Anyone know that are those files?

Tnhks

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #6 by dirkovision
Replied by dirkovision on topic Re:Transfer Kunena
Thanks a lot.
We did all this, still not getting it working in the K2 env.

Gotta lot to learn, every dat a lot.. ?!

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
K2 presents a whole new dimension of difficulties.

Bearing in mind that Kunena (any version) has not been tested with K2 - and I wouldn't know where to begin because I've never even looked at K2 - and the fact that the design of K 1.5.x is not going to be changed (for K2 or for any money) would you like to start a new discussion topic about your K2 difficulties?

K 1.5.x is considered "near death". K 1.6 has been running successfully on this website for over 9 months and users have been able to download it for about 6 months (since October 2010). The project team is fully engaged in developing K 2.0. When K 2.0 has been released as a stable public release there will be a very short time (about 3 months, I expect) after which the K 1.5.x version will be officially retired from support.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8 by dirkovision

sozzled wrote: K2 presents a whole new dimension of difficulties.

Bearing in mind that Kunena (any version) has not been tested with K2 - and I wouldn't know where to begin because I've never even looked at K2 - and the fact that the design of K 1.5.x is not going to be changed (for K2 or for any money) would you like to start a new discussion topic about your K2 difficulties?

K 1.5.x is considered "near death". K 1.6 has been running successfully on this website for over 9 months and users have been able to download it for about 6 months (since October 2010). The project team is fully engaged in developing K 2.0. When K 2.0 has been released as a stable public release there will be a very short time (about 3 months, I expect) after which the K 1.5.x version will be officially retired from support.

As we run several larger sites with public fora using kunena 1.5 and some 1.6.3 without problems, we absolutely agree.

But as dev. goes on we see more and more K2 sites based on J! 1.6 online. That fact, and expecting sometime in future kunena 2.0 (.!.?.. )we thought we should test the K2 environment with the K 1.6.3

Therefor we tried to migrate a 'normal' j 1.5.22 site to a J! 1.5.22 site using K2 and integrate.
Just to play with it. As we prefer to do that on one of the webservers online -in the end-user environment- we need to learn tips and tricks. That's what is behind it.

We are not in a stress as there are no specific issues with sites using kunena or moving/migrating whatsoever.

Being prepared for future, gathering knowhow we can share might be a good thing.
Being retired now i might have some more time to invest in J! 1.6 with K2 blogging and K 1.6.3 (+ -or- Kunena vs 2.0 who knows ?

If appreciated, we could open a topic, why not?

rgds.
dirko

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #9 by sozzled
Thanks. Let's make sure that the new topic focuses on the future (K 1.6 and beyond) not lives in the past. ;)

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds