Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question What info is stored in the database vs config files?

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by justincaseme
Sorry if this was covered elsewhere.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of what Kunena stores in it's database versus what's written to config files? I'm asking because I usually install components first to a development server, test them, and then migrate to a production server. I'm wondering if I can configure forum categories, etc, on the dev server and then just move the installation files to production.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
The short answer is yes, you can develop a site in a test environment. You can package this and use the data on a production site.

If you're building a new production site you could use Joomlapack to transfer a mirror-image copy to your production domain.

If you're only interested in the Kunena component, that's a bit trickier. The documentation Wike (read release notes) or other discussion topics in this forum have details of the SQL tables that are used. I encourage you to search for them. It's really not that difficult. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds