Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important Installation Error

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by jjpedersen
Each time I attempt to install Kunena 1.5.9 on a Joomla 1.5.15 Stable, I get the following error.
Code:
* It was not possible to copy the selected file. * JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /xxxxxxxxxxxx/tmp/install_4b684d2a94f08/CHANGELOG.php to xxxxxxxx/components/com_kunena/CHANGELOG.php
When I check my file permission under SYSTEM INFO > Directory Permissions, I have all "Writable" all the way down.

I checked to see if I could install other components and was able to quickly install Community Builder and all the different mods and plgs.

I also looked at the file structure for my Joomla, and the install did copy the CHANGELOG.php to the components directory, so I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Installation Error
Hello,

You seem to have problems with your Joomla installation. If you have root access, just disable FTP mode and chown all files to Apache user. Look here for more information : help.ubuntu.com/community/Joomla#Configure%20Access%20Rights

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by jjpedersen
Replied by jjpedersen on topic Re:Installation Error
I have also tried installing from a directory and also from a URL and I get the same error.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by jjpedersen
Thank you xillibit,

I have FPT disabled and have go through and basically given '777' to my entire joomla site and I am still get that install error.

And just in case it was some kind of a time out error I tried installing the component from the TMP directory.
Code:
* It was not possible to copy the selected file. * JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: *****/tmp/com_kunena_v1.5.9/CHANGELOG.php to *****/components/com_kunena/CHANGELOG.php

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Installation Error
I encountered a similar problem a while ago. I won't bore you with the details but I spent a week trying to sort out the problem. It turned out that I was having problems downloading files (like software installation kits) onto a particular local disk drive. In other words, my installation kit was corrupt and I had to start all over again.

Anyway, whether my experience may have any relevance to your situation, you might try this test: create a totally clean Joomla website; test it to make sure that it works; change nothing and install Kunena 1.5.9. The whole process should take you less than an hour. If this test is unsuccessful you should start investigating problems problem with your webhost. Does that sound like a plan?

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by jjpedersen
Sounds like a plan. This is a fresh install, like I said earlier - I was able to install Community Builder, Virtue Mart, and a couple of mods that I throw on all my sites and it worked great - its just when I try to install Kunena. Ill contact my hosting provider and see what magic they can make happen. In the mean time, if you think of anything else let me know.

Thanks!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Installation Error
Good! :) Before you contact your hosting provider, try again but this time start with Kunena first and make sure that you can do that much at least. Add other components, one at a time, and test that Kunena still works. It's a mongrel of a job, it's time-consuming, but eventually it will pay dividends for you. The best part is that you have a test site for future use! ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Installation Error
It seems that Joomla installer fails for some reason.

This error has nothing to do with Kunena itself. As sozzled suggested, there can be few reasons why installation fails for this component but not for others in a clean site:

Try to install another package (gzip/bzip2 instead of zip): package can be corrupted or your zlib version is buggy.

If it does not work, look into the temp directory that the file actually exists and that permissions in the destination are ok.

If you have still some issues you can make a new package by extracting and compressing the file again.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds