Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question why upgrade kunena? i have 1.0.8 in other language i'm reading

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by astrogoal
about some problem with upgrade... if i have other language installed. it is very necessary to upgrade? I readed the instruction here

and i have no idea if will work...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Why upgrade from K 1.0.8? Basically very simple: there is no support for Joomla 1.0.x and, likewise, there is no support for K 1.0.8. If you want to stay with those old products, that's your choice. If you have problems, they're the consequences of your choice.

astrogoal wrote:

and i have no idea if will work...

Again, I respect your beliefs. If you have no idea that it will work (and that's a good enough reason to stay with the old version) then don't change anything. But ... if something goes wrong with what you've currently got then you're on your own.

To ascertain if it will work or not, you should have a test site where you can experiment and see what kinds of issues you have to face if you decide to upgrade. That's what I do and that's what most website developers I know do, too. Either you do that or you pay someone else to come in and do the work for you.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by astrogoal
For the second part of your post, i agree. I have to lost much time, becouse i have to create a clone site for a test, it's ok. And i am here now, becouse i had a problem. My problem is that iexplorer 8 open a strange window when a user make a reply (this window ask to the user if is a developer??? - probably is the defoult option about script controls of explorer8- and inform of a web page error: the error in on about a "email value" = is null or is not an object????!!!!)

i will make this. I copy my site on other space and make the change, even if in my language there is not translation of kunena 1.5.9, but only 1.5.8, so, if i understand, i have to upgrade in 1.5.8 and wait the translation of 1.5.9 and remake the operations.....

i'm sorry for my english, phereps i don't understand what means the first part of your post. my kunena is on joomla 1.5.15 versione and i use community builder 1.2.1 ...

i'm here only becouse today i find this strange error window of explorer 8 while i sending a message. i hope after all this work the error go away...

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
K 1.0.x was designed for J! 1.0.x. This was the basis for the first part of my earlier response.

If you are using J! 1.5.15 (and CB 1.2.1) there is no other reason that I am aware of that would prevent you upgrading to K 1.5.9.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by astrogoal
thank's. I will report about my other question "if language is a problem" after my experiments :D ... Bye

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by astrogoal
sorry i can't imagine my version was medieval.. :D

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #7 by astrogoal
astrogoal wrote:

about some problem with upgrade... if i have other language installed. it is very necessary to upgrade? I readed the instruction here

kunena upgrade

I upgraded and now i'm very happy

i love kunena

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by astrogoal.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds