Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Frustrated

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by Seraphin
Frustrated was created by Seraphin
So I'm having horrible issues with installing kunena.

I tried uploading though Joomla install, and I either get a blank screen, or a timeout error. Spent 6 hours trying to find a way to extend the PHP timeout period... didn't find it out, and Godaddy support just told me how to find out what my timeout period is.. and not how to change it. Then only preceded to get a mysql database error, which was another 30 minutes to fix.

I attempted to upload via the FTP, but I don't understand it. I tried putting the Unzipped file in tmp, and used the install from directory option, telling it to install directory ./tmp. Didn't work... tried mannually putting the files in the com folder, didn't work. Tried putting the zipped file in the tmp folder and install, didn't work.

So can SOMEONE please help me install this so I can move on to the next step in getting my site back up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Frustrated
A quick search of this forum using the keyword Godaddy and here are the results . I'm sure there are some good ideas contained there. :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by Seraphin
Replied by Seraphin on topic Re:Frustrated
Okay, the only thing on there, is another post of the same issue... but their solution, was something I've tried to do AND DIDNT WORK FOR ME! I said that, so please don't waste my time with posts that aren't going to help me.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #4 by nzjacob
Replied by nzjacob on topic Re:Frustrated
Rather than venting your frustration at Kunena perhaps you should consider a better host, or one that wil lactually help you on these types of occasions. I have installed about 20 instances of Kunena professionally and have never had any issues with the install except for timeout ones. Timeout issues are always related to the host and a decent hosting company will always help.

As for wasting your time ?? .. perhaps you might consider the time of Sozzled and other here trying to be helpful.

maybe this post will help:
www.kunena.com/forum/135-solved-or-prior...ted-conditionq#28219

Maybe try to edit your PHP settings
docs.kunena.com/index.php/Technical_Requirements#PHP_Settings

or maybe we are all just wasting time ?
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by nzjacob.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #5 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Frustrated
Hello,

If you do a bit search on the documentation or on the forum, there are many threads which users asking for a solution for a blank page, problems during kunena installation...

In the documentation you have that :

docs.kunena.com/index.php/Installation_Issues
docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_diagnose_blank_page_on_kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by xillibit.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds