Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question You have manually modified or removed some of the Kunena tables from your database

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by syntpowder
hi. I manually erased jos_fb_* with phpmyadmin and now I can't reinstall kunena.
the notice says:

* Your Kunena installation is incomplete!
* Because of the above errors your Forum is now Offline and Forum Administration has been disabled. :angry:

please help. thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The best way is to uninstall Kunena and then remove the tables jos_fb_* and not the reverse. In your, case try to uninstall Kunena, if this doesn't work delete directly the directories \administrator\components\com_kunena and components\com_kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by Jingz
xillibit wrote:

Hello,

The best way is to uninstall Kunena and then remove the tables jos_fb_* and not the reverse. In your, case try to uninstall Kunena, if this doesn't work delete directly the directories \administrator\components\com_kunena and components\com_kunena

Tried this too and even tried to reinstall the kunena multiple times and still no progress... Im beginning to loose hope on this forum and might switch to phpBB3.. :(

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by xillibit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
Would you like someone to have a look at your website for you and make some specific recommendations? Would that help?

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by Matias
If you manually deleted a table, the only working way is to:

1) uninstall Kunena
2) rename all jos_fb_* tables you want to keep (jos_fb_*_bak)
3) install Kunena
4) replace tables in new installation with the old ones

It's generally hard to detect situation where user has broken the database schema by purpose. I doupt that phpBB can deal this situation either (broken table during server crash was the last reason why I finally moved away from phpBB by myself 1,5 years ago).

Let's not do this in the future, shall we?

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds