Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Joomlaboard to kunena plz help

More
14 years 3 months ago #1 by Demnus
Hi, I have an ancient relic on my running site - joomlaboard. And it has become a problem when decision of migration to joomla 1.5 was made.

I have searched this forum and found this topic:
www.kunena.com/forum/101-solved-or-prior...ached-images-missing

Matias said that there is some script for migration from jb to kunena.

Matias wrote: BTW: Kunena has also migration possibility from JoomlaBoard, but it seems to be slightly broken. I can try to fix it if someone gives me a database dump from sb_* tables.

Is it still broken? Is there a way to fix it and get?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I think there are nothing news about this. But you can send a MP to matias with explenations and give him a dump of your tables begining by sb_*.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by Demnus
Did send a PM to Matias, but there's no response.
Guess have to try through FB.
*sigh* It's going to be painful...

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
It would be a great benefit to find a smooth way of transitioning from Joomlaboard to Kunena! I can think of one or two big websites that would gain from this ... :whistle:

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer. As you know, the developers are working around the clock (literally) on the next version of Kunena. In the meantime I can only suggest you work through the other ideas that have been offered in the past, for example Migration from JoomlaBoard to Kunena . I agree, it's not easy and you may have to do a lot of fine-tuning, but if you take things carefully, using a temporary staging area, you should be able to get good results.

Worst-case scenario, leave your old Joomlaboard site as a stand-alone archive, lock it up (prevent new registrations and postings) and build a new website that refers back to the archived discussions. OK? :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by Matias
I was away because of personal loss.

Kunena 2.0 will most likely have migration from JoomlaBoard -- it's really easy to do with the new installer (just one line into array). In the meanwhile I suggest looking at the thread sozzled suggested. It's actually what FireBoard does when it migrates from JB. :)

Or just try to find old version of FB and use it.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds