Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Convert Migrate Kunena to phpBB3

More
14 years 3 months ago #1 by Pixel
I know there is methods to go from phpbb to Kunena, but is there an existing method or planned tool to accomplish going from Kunena to phpbb3 ?

Here is why....I plan to start with Kunena, but over time if the forum gets too big to handle 1000s of members and 100,000+ posts and large traffic (in addition to the main site as well which has a membeship system, user manager (juser), and other components running), I will more likely need to move to a higher-end forum system that can be separate from the Joomla site queries.

So if there is no method or planned method, I will know the direction to go at start.

Thanks in advanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by Pescador
There is something in the phpBB forum, but it's a converter to phpBB2. So you'd have to upgrade to phpBB3 after the conversion:

www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1593795

Actually is a fireboard converter, but it seems that kunena uses the same tables that fireboard. But it's not a good idea, I advise you.

Why don't you use Joomla! with a phpBB bridge? I think it will be easier for you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds