Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question phpbb3 to kunena

More
14 years 4 months ago #1 by kensikora
phpbb3 to kunena was created by kensikora
Hi, y'all,

I'm new here and have looked at the threads about converting phpbb3.

I am successful in using converter.zip

My question is: will any of the images that were in phpbb3 show after converting?

I know the images are stored in phpbb3 in the files directory and can be copied.

The images in phpbb3 have a .dat extension but that can be renamed to .jpg to show an image.

I just would like to know if it is possible to migrate attachments over.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: phpbb3 to kunena
it's possible to copy files into new place and to rename links to point into the right place. But to do it you need to run some manual php/sql queries.

I hope that we can solve this in K2.0 -- and that I will have some time to finish my Kunena importer..

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by Mark0100
Replied by Mark0100 on topic Re: phpbb3 to kunena
Hi Matias,

i would like to convert form phpbb2 (Orion2) over phpbb3 to kunena, but it is very very important and essential to migrate the attachments.
I need it very quickly, so can you make a script? I think K2.0 will take some time but I´d like to convert between christmas an New year.

Gruß Mark
Pickup-Wohnkabinen-Forum Kunena 4.0.7
Chevy-Forum Kunena 3.0.8

More
14 years 4 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:phpbb3 to kunena
Hello,

Kunena 2.0 will not ready before new year and neither the script, so you have two possibilities :

Migrate to kunena without attachments by following this : www.kunena.com/forum/134-installation-up...it=10&start=40#28042
Or continue to use phpBB, not version phpBB2 because it's very buggy , but version 3.0

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by Mark0100
Replied by Mark0100 on topic Re:phpbb3 to kunena
thanks for the link but when will K2.0 be released???

Gruß Mark
Pickup-Wohnkabinen-Forum Kunena 4.0.7
Chevy-Forum Kunena 3.0.8

More
14 years 4 months ago #6 by xillibit
There are no date set for the release of kunena 2.0, but there will be a version alpha soon.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #7 by vvvmmm
Replied by vvvmmm on topic Re:phpbb3 to kunena
I am really looking for solution to upgrade my PhpBB to Kunena 1.5.7. I can figure out mysql and php if I need too.

Questions I have:
Can I use converter.zip on Kunena 1.5.7 or should I install older version of Kunena for migration? If so where can I download older kunena version?

Do I need to install fireboard for this upgrade? Can I install fireboard and Kunena 1.5.7 side by side without problems?

I just need to know if it is doable, what versions of software should I use and any high level directions (what is not already in documentation) and I would attempt migration ASAP.

Thank you for help!
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by vvvmmm.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

-Before do a dump of your database
-Remove kunena and save tables jos_fb_*
-Install fireboard 1.0.4 : rs664.rapidshare.com/files/217065167/Fir..._CompletePackage.zip
-Run the converter.zip
-Run the com_fbconverter : joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/11..._b162_2008-09-20.zip
-Install Kunena 1.5.7

Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9 by vvvmmm
Replied by vvvmmm on topic Re:phpbb3 to kunena
I just tried to do that. At the last step when I am trying to intall Kunena I am getting following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function createVersionTable() on a non-object in /home/myFolder/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/lib/fx.upgrade.class.php on line 186

Anything I can check to fix this? Fireboard imported everything OK, everything looked OK.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re:phpbb3 to kunena
just wait a few days until 1.5.8 is released, there is a bug in 1.5.7 for migration.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds