Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Migration Script for PHPBB2 to Kunena

More
14 years 5 months ago #1 by letsgetjase
Hi All

I have started up my old server and pulled off the migration script that I used to migrate New Zealand's No#1 Kite Sports community to Kunena. Never looked back since.

Have attached a zip file with the script in this post. This script assumes basic php knowledge. You will definitely need to tweak this to your personal forum. Most of us have tweaked our open source over the years and you will suprised just like I was to relaise how much!

Known Issues:

1). It does not convert '&' character properly. This comes through as '&amps' instead of '&'. You genises out there will be able to sort this easily I imagine.
2). Avatar pictures do not get migrated. You need to inform your users that will need to re-upload their pictures.

YOU MUST!!!!!

1). Create a whole Test sandbox environment for your forum.
2). Install Joomla UserMeta Plugin. ( This captures all the extra data in phpbb and adds it to the User Details page in Joomla. There are other plugins out there that you may wish to use to achieve the same purpose. )
3). Run the script to import your PHPBB2 forum into Kunena
4). Test, check all aspect of the forum. Ensure logins are working, users discussion are working, user info has been correctly mapped to Joomla fields etc.
5). Tweak script and repeat.

Take you time. I though that the migration of my forum would take a few hours. After all the setup time and testing, it took 3 days! However, the users loved the new forum and all the attention to details paid off.

Feel free to ask questions to help me complete these set of instructions.

N-joy and have fun! B)

File Attachment:

File Name: phpbb2_to_kunena.zip
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by gjr
Let's give it a try...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds