Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Convert SMF 1.1.10 to Kunena 1.5.6

More
14 years 5 months ago #1 by Philipp Wenzel
Hi there,

I will convert my SMF into Kunena/Joomla. I tried to find help using the search, but nothing found. :-(

Can anybody help me?

So long,
Philipp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steven vasquez
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #2 by steven vasquez
Replied by steven vasquez on topic Re: Convert SMF 1.1.10 to Kunena 1.5.6
Yeah, I am looking for the same.

More
14 years 5 months ago #3 by mythus
Greetings,

As far as I can tell there is no 'official' converter for SMF to Kunena. However many threads point to using the SMFtoFB converter for fireboard and then upgrading to kunena.

That converter can be found here:
fireboard.bestofjoomla.com/component/opt...ew/catid,6/id,21841/

Please note that you will want the Fireboar 1.0.4 version installed and you will want your SMF database in the same database as Fireboard/Joomla.

On a similar note, I am trying to convert from SMF2 to Kunena. I am using the above method, but I keep running into the following issues.

1.) For every forum post (message) that I am trying to convert, it gives me

Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

errors.

2.) Concerning my members, when trying to convert it tells me...

Total users 9, Inserted of the users...

(NOTE: If inserted is less than actual, it is due to the user having made a post but has since deleted their account. The post will still show up as usual though...)
User import into FireBoard successful!!

however no users are migrated.

3.) I've tried deleteting each entry from smf_messages while converted which allows the messages to be converted (they will show up in the jos_fb_messages table). They show up as replies with no topic after conversion. Boards/Categories convert fine.

So, does anyone here have any ideas/suggestions/etc on how to solve this? Please note that I had to edit the index.sql file for the smftofb converter to read smf2 files. I really would like to see this through as I am very pleased to see such a nice forum for joomla.

If wanted, I can provide a copy of the database and the smftofb converter files that I used and edited, if it will help solve this issue.

One more note, if I try running smftofb converter without populating the fb tables, then I get error messages about the tables not existing.

Really stumped...

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #4 by StAlex
Hi, m8's!
I am successfully make my own migrate from 1.1.10 to 1.5.6
How I do this.
I take a "migrator", posted above, look inside a script, and make little modifications of it.
First - it does not need a Fireboard. It make data transfer directly from smf to kunena. Config, which I am used:
Clean installation of joomla 1.5.14
Clean installation of Kunena 1.5.6
Worked SMF 1.1.10 (~500 posts inside; around 15 registered users)
all of these components installed with utf8 encoding (on cyrillic - it is very important, because source migration script using queries with a textual searches - I am leave it "as is" and not "patch" that)

by the way, script requres not all smf tables (absolutely it does not need a full installation of smf - just couple of tables), only this ones:
smf_categories
smf_boards
smf_members
smf_messages
smf_topics
You can take this tables (using a Mysql Admin or PhpMySqlAdmin) and just transfer data to kunena DataBase before start migration script.
After transfer, copy attached script to any place of your website, and go to the index_t.php by your browser.

REMARK: you need to modify a mysql.php for your "context": by default, it contain link to Settings.php from smf: my script take from it a SMF database credentials. You should modify this, if you want to use extracted tables as I told above.

The Main Feature:
script make autoregister to joomla and kunena all users, that will be founded in smf forum while migration process run.
But - with known limitation: passwords will be formed as: [login]_salt
where [login] - is the real login of member and "_salt" - is the constant suffix. You sould inform all of your users for the "new" passwords.
Also, you can modify a suffix for your appropriate purpose (Ctrl+f "_salt" inside script). Also, script contain attempt to register users to the comprofiler component.
Other Features:
- attachments not moved
- All user righs downgraded to the "Registered" (All sub-forums with specific rights will be displayed for all)
- Personal Messages not moved
- script makes little transformations for the messages bodies - smf and kunena is incompatible with storing line breaks and HTML entities
- karma not moved
- transfered users will be have ID's greater than 10000 (you can modify that by change the $startSMFId variable)
If you can - make this script better!

File Attachment:

File Name: smf2kunena...1103.zip
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by StAlex.

More
14 years 5 months ago #5 by mythus
Excellent!

I can report that this works!

I had to make some minor database edits though, but I was able to use this to convert from SMF2 RC1!

If anyone is converting from SMF2 RC1, please note that you will have to go into your smf database with phpmyadmin and edit some of the field names to match what is in the index_t.php file. You can't just edit the index_t.php to match the smf2 field names because that will cause problems with trying to match up with jos_fb field names.

One example is numViews. In smf_topics for SMF2, it is called num_views, however you have to change it to numViews for it to work. Just chaning the index_t.php entry to num_views will bring up errors trying to match to the jos_fb fields.

Other ones are $posterName, $posterEmail, $posterTime, and $posterIP. There may be others, but I lost track of em.

Do note that you will need to make this edit...
Code:
$id = $row['ID_MSG']; $id_topic = $row['ID_TOPIC']; $id_board = $row['ID_BOARD']; $posterTime = $row['posterTime']; $subject = $row['subject']; $posterName = $row['posterName']; $posterEmail = $row['posterEmail']; $posterIP = $row['posterIP']; $body = $row['body']; $topic_emoticon = $row['icon'];

to
Code:
$id = $row['id_msg']; $id_topic = $row['id_topic']; $id_board = $row['id_board']; $posterTime = $row['poster_time']; $subject = $row['subject']; $posterName = $row['poster_name']; $posterEmail = $row['poster_email']; $posterIP = $row['poster_ip']; $body = $row['body']; $topic_emoticon = $row['icon'];

Also you can change in the index_t.php catOrder to cat_order.

Again this is all for SMF2. if you are converting from smf1, keep it as is.

Thanks for your help stAlex! I hope knowing about these edits will help anyone wanting to convert from SMF2.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6 by StAlex
Good news, mythus!
After I make a post, I found two bugs in that script:
1) HTML entities in Subject transformation is missing
2) If two or more sub-forums have the same name, after migration all kunena sub-forums with the same name linked to the firstly presented.

modified (second fix is "work around" and should be upgraded, but it works for me) script is attached to this post.

File Attachment:

File Name: smf2kunena...03-2.zip
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #7 by ormuz
it works! thanks a lot

But i'm losing 2000 messages, the script give me this error:
Code:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Any idea?
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by ormuz.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8 by mythus
Greetings,

You need to open up your .sql file containing your messages and search for all '' entries and remove em. For somereason it hates those because it interputs those as code or whatnot. For example, my site is Legends of Nor'Ova. Well I had to go in and remove all ' in the database to make it read NorOva instead.

Once doing that, try again and it should work. It's a pain, but hey... at least there's a way to convert :).

More
14 years 5 months ago #9 by ormuz
mythus wrote:

Greetings,

You need to open up your .sql file containing your messages and search for all '' entries and remove em. For somereason it hates those because it interputs those as code or whatnot. For example, my site is Legends of Nor'Ova. Well I had to go in and remove all ' in the database to make it read NorOva instead.

Once doing that, try again and it should work. It's a pain, but hey... at least there's a way to convert :).

The only " I have is in all the others sql files too, smf_users, smf_categories ...etc

Is this
Code:
SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

I think I can't remove that...

More
14 years 5 months ago #10 by mythus
No, you can't remove that.

I am willing to be it is finding a '' in smf_messages. Probably a ' that got changed into '' by the wonderful database demons.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds