Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Attached files are linked to wrong domain

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by MartinRuthenberg
I migrated from Kunena 1.0.11 with Joomla 1.0.15 to Kunena 1.5.5 with Joomla 1.5.11. I copied the folder fbfiles from the old Joomla image folder to the new one. My new Joomla 1.5 installation is running with a subdomain that is different from the subdomain where Joomla 1.0 was running.

If I want to open a file now that is attached to a forum posting Kunena tries to open the former url. In Kunena backend in the upload files browser I can see the files marked with “No referencing posts!”.

What can I do?

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by xpozay
Hi Martin,

The files (attachments/images) have their links stored in the jos_fb_messages_text table. Unfortunately, this includes the full path (domain url) and therefore when trying to display the images it will look in the old location. The url is stored in the field "messages" of each message record. There is another table jos_fb_attachments which points to the locally stored image / attachment without the url but using the OS path instead. /home/xxxxx/public_html/yyyy. But I didn't figure out why this is there because I managed to get it to point to the new location without changes this table ....

By editing the message field to point to the new domain, I was able to point to the new URL successfully (only in test). If you have a small number of messages, this is not that bad - of course most ppl do not.

I see two options:
- using a domain redirection perhaps in httaccess
- using a sql query to change all occurrences of the sub-domain with the new sub-domain. Of course you should have your backups :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by MartinRuthenberg
Thanks for your quick response and showing me different ways to approach the problem. As I do not have so many messages I'll probably try to change the url in the jos_fb_messages_text table.

Time to create page: 0.698 seconds