Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Migrate Yahoo Groups to Kunena

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by AlleycatLA
I have a new install of Kunena 1.5.4. I have managed to suck out all my messeges from Yahoo Groups to a mdb file (using PG offline). This file will open in ms access, so I should have some migration options. How do I get this database table into the new forum? Sql? Can I map the fields? Where to?

I'd like to import the messages into one forum, keeping the order and such. Is this possible? I'm kinda new to all this, but hey, I got THIS far!

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by fxstein
Mark,

You will have to import the data into MySQL using phpMyAdmin. The mapping into Kunena will require a good understanding of SQL. I suggest you look at some of the existing migration tools for other forums, to get an idea what needs to be done.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by AlleycatLA
Wow, what a quick reply! OK, then I'm on the right track. I know the fields of the mdb file. I'm hopeful I can just get the messages into a forum, lock it, used only for search. If I can keep the threading that would be all the better. Now to bring my users into the 21st century - THAT will be something! Thanks for your guidance.

Mark

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds